Ovulation test

Sammie27
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:15 pm 
Post subject: Ovulation test
Hi 8m getting really confysed with these test i stopped takong the mini pill 3 weeks ago and ever sonce i have had positive results on my ovulation test ive done a pregnacy test but it was neg i jist cant see how for 3 weeks straight i can stil have a positive ovulation result :c Question
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:47 am 
Post subject:
It could be your bodies reaction to coming off the pill Question I once had possies for 10 days straight on the OPK's Rolling Eyes so I know how annoying it is, when my AF showed though the timing fit with me ov'ing about 5 days into the possies Question So it's worth still doing the deed just in case Laughing
I know some women with PCOS can get positives on OPK's all cycle though as their LH is always high, not that i'm saying I think you might have PCOS but a hormonal imbalance caused by the pill could perhaps trigger the same effect Question
Maybe your body has actually been trying to ov but for some reason it's not quite managed it yet Question
Are they very sensitive tests you got, and are they always the same strength lines ?
I know when I've had a couple of different brands and used them in one sample (yes I was that obsessed Embarassed Laughing ) you can get wildly differing strength lines with different tests just because of the sensitivity and even how much dye there is in them, might be worth trying a different brand to see if they all come up pos too as perhaps this brand is too sensitive for you Question
If it carries on though and you don't think you've ov'd and AF doesn't show then it might be worth giving Agnus castus a try, it can be good for kick starting normal cycles and getting a proper AF to start, once that happens you might find things go back to normal the cycle after, Good luck xx
Sammie27
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:14 am 
Post subject:
Thanks for that x
Ive only been on that pill for almost 2 years always kept my checks regualr too . O hope its just my body sprting oit then an not anything else i have been takong folic acid to to help along x but yes i have kept the deed going Embarassed Very Happy just glad someone could help with an answet as i read on lots of different forms am sites all different things like u can use them to find out if ur pregnante or if they are always positive then you couls be preg its all confusing lol
Sammie27
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:15 am 
Post subject:
Thanks for that x
Ive only been on that pill for almost 2 years always kept my checks regualr too . O hope its just my body sprting oit then an not anything else i have been takong folic acid to to help along x but yes i have kept the deed going Embarassed Very Happy just glad someone could help with an answet as i read on lots of different forms am sites all different things like u can use them to find out if ur pregnante or if they are always positive then you couls be preg its all confusing lol
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:47 pm 
Post subject:
Yeah they can pick up HCG as well as its very similar to LH, so some women do use them to give them an early idea of if they might be pregnant, but if that's what they were picking up and the levels were enough to give a positive on the OPK's for 3 weeks then a pregnancy test should come up positive too, the good thing about pregnancy tests is they only pick up HCG so no confusion with those whereas Laughing with the OPK's they could be picking up either, another pregnancy test might be a good idea though if you carry on getting them just to rule it out xx
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular