My Nightmare Came True

HopefulMommy
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:50 am 
Post subject: My Nightmare Came True
Hi everyone, me & my boyfriend just experience our first miscarage . I was 10 weeks & went for my first US & all we could see was a black/dark sac so they did a vaginal one , still nothing ... we broke down immediately ... the doctor gave us some space & when he came back in he suggested a D & C ... this being my first pregnancy I thought it would be the healthiest thing to do ... the next morning i went in for my D & C i came out with some cramps but nothing unbearablenor anything different from previous periods . I didnt bleed until 2 days later so was that my period ? I bled heavy when i went pee / clots & more clots but not so much in my pad... now all i have is some very light pinkish/redish/orangy spotting when i wipe ... now I'm questioning if I made the right choice ???? Should I have waited tonsee if my baby just was hiding? It is now 10 days after my D & C & I'm ready to try again NOW ! I'm so ready to be a mom & get back in the bed with my man its driving me crazy with no intimacy ... how much longer should I wait ??? I'm terrified of going through another miscarrage but i refuse to lose hope on my family ... HELPPPP !!!!!!!! Question

XXX Marlee
HopefulMommy
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:56 am 
Post subject: How long after d & c can I have sex??
HopefulMommy wrote:
Hi everyone, me & my boyfriend just experience our first miscarage . I was 10 weeks & went for my first US & all we could see was a black/dark sac so they did a vaginal one , still nothing ... we broke down immediately ... the doctor gave us some space & when he came back in he suggested a D & C ... this being my first pregnancy I thought it would be the healthiest thing to do ... the next morning i went in for my D & C i came out with some cramps but nothing unbearablenor anything different from previous periods . I didnt bleed until 2 days later so was that my period ? I bled heavy when i went pee / clots & more clots but not so much in my pad... now all i have is some very light pinkish/redish/orangy spotting when i wipe ... now I'm questioning if I made the right choice ???? Should I have waited tonsee if my baby just was hiding? It is now 10 days after my D & C & I'm ready to try again NOW ! I'm so ready to be a mom & get back in the bed with my man its driving me crazy with no intimacy ... how much longer should I wait ??? I'm terrified of going through another miscarrage but i refuse to lose hope on my family ... HELPPPP !!!!!!!! Question

XXX Marlee
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:30 am 
Post subject:
First of all I think it's normal to have doubts after you've gone through something like this, but you took your doctors advice and that's all you can do really so you shouldn't feel that you made the wrong decision . Did your doctor say when it was ok to try again ?
A lot of people try again the first month after a loss and get pregnant and go on to have a normal pregnancy, I'd say if you want to and feel like your body is back to normal and your doctor didn't advise against it then you're probably fine to start trying .
The bleed you had wasn't necessarily a period in the normal sense of the word so your cycle might not go back to how it was before just yet, you could find you ovulate as soon as 2 weeks after your loss but it could also be a lot longer a wait, which is often why doctors will say to wait until you get your first proper period purely because it makes it easier for them to date your pregnancy . These days though with tests with conception indicators you can get a pretty good idea of when you conceived from those until you have a scan to confirm it , Good luck if you do decide to try again x
michelletv
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:05 am 
Post subject:
i agree with DL05, safest bet is to wait after 1st period and will also give your womb time to heal. remember it has been scraped so it needs time.

wishing you baby dust soon!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> TTC After Miscarriage All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular