early scans has anyone had one at 4-5 weeks

ctinso
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:39 am 
Post subject: early scans has anyone had one at 4-5 weeks
Hi i had a scan at 4-5 weeks and im really scared as they only saw sac? i go back on friday for another she did say its what they would expect from my blood levels an it is right if you go of my longest cycle.....i am really scared i will go fri and there will still be no baby..i have no bleeding just cramping
has anyone else had this n resulted in normal healthy pregnancy?? xx
Posted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:48 am 
Post subject:
I've never had a scan quite so early, a lot of areas only scan from 6 weeks onwards though for exactly this reason as so early on you often can't see anything , sometimes not even the sac , from 5-6 weeks they might be able to see the foetal pole and from 6 weeks onwards they can often see a heartbeat.
If you've got a tilted uterus then it can take longer to see properly, my earliest was at around 7 weeks and they still couldn't see a heartbeat thanks to my tilted womb.
I had to have repeat scans before they confirmed everything was ok, so I know how stressful the wait is .
Don't forget though a scan picture is like a slice through the uterus so if they don't get quite the right angle or the right depth then they can easily miss a baby which is only mm's long at this stage Smile
The cramping is 100% normal for early pregnancy as is worrying unfortunately but hopefully Fridays scan will reassure you and everything will be ok xx
ctinso
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:00 am 
Post subject:
thank you for your reply..i have driven myself mental the last two weeks with google images medical records an all say wha you have ...im hoping all is ok friday ..i had cramps and bleeding on my last pregnancy but i can not remember if they where this bad...will try to keep my mind busy im ok when im with the kids or out its of a night when im home alone n kids in bed trust the oh to work away this week lol xx
Posted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:39 am 
Post subject:
Ive had one at 4 weeks with my daughter and saw just the sack,had weekly scans after that and everything was fine Smile With this pregnancy i had a scan just before 6 weeks ans saw a sack with 2 little circles,was worried more this time about seeing nothing more than that than i was with my daughter but again had weekly scans and everything is fine Smile I had cramping as well but as Nat said its normal,i know it seems like forever until your next scan but i'm sure it will be fine Smile
Posted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:47 am 
Post subject:
I had a scan at 5 weeks and they only saw a sac which is all the can see at this point. For me it was reassuring as it was in the right place. When I had my next scan at 7 weeks - there was a beautiful little heartbeat and something that resembled a dolphin. Having my 12 week scan today so hopefully the dolphin has progressed.

Its just unnerving when the hospital refuse to say whether its a viable pregnancy when they only see the yolk sac. But if you think logically how many changes that little sac has to make before a little heartbeat can be seen, you can understand why the cant commit either way.
ctinso
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:44 am 
Post subject:
mand136 wrote:
Ive had one at 4 weeks with my daughter and saw just the sack,had weekly scans after that and everything was fine Smile With this pregnancy i had a scan just before 6 weeks ans saw a sack with 2 little circles,was worried more this time about seeing nothing more than that than i was with my daughter but again had weekly scans and everything is fine Smile I had cramping as well but as Nat said its normal,i know it seems like forever until your next scan but i'm sure it will be fine Smile

Thanks for your reply it has helped reassure me a little this has been the longest two weeks of my life i just want to know if my baby is ok n growing now congrats on your bfp to xxx
Posted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:48 am 
Post subject:
JellyBean73 wrote:
I had a scan at 5 weeks and they only saw a sac which is all the can see at this point. For me it was reassuring as it was in the right place. When I had my next scan at 7 weeks - there was a beautiful little heartbeat and something that resembled a dolphin. Having my 12 week scan today so hopefully the dolphin has progressed.

Its just unnerving when the hospital refuse to say whether its a viable pregnancy when they only see the yolk sac. But if you think logically how many changes that little sac has to make before a little heartbeat can be seen, you can understand why the cant commit either way.

I was so relieved all was in rigt place i was under suspected ectopic thas reason for scan..it is scary that hey can not tell you nothing..i am hoping that on friday as i will be 6-7 weeks that i will see some growth an all growing nicely n heartbeat if its not to soon ...thanks for your reply..next next two days will drag i know it..least scan is early friday lol xxx
Posted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:25 pm 
Post subject:
How did your scan go? Hope all is well Smile
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:38 am 
Post subject:
Kell83 wrote:
How did your scan go? Hope all is well Smile

it went great hun i am now 7 weeks but wouldn't give me due date me as have to wait for dating scan in 5-6 weeks
i saw baby and heartbeat Very Happy i am a little bit more relaxed but still worried think i will till dating scan lol xx
Posted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:03 pm 
Post subject:
You will for the rest of your life! Perks of being a parent lol
So glad it went well Smile
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:16 am 
Post subject:
Kell83 wrote:
You will for the rest of your life! Perks of being a parent lol
So glad it went well Smile

that is true you never stop worrying..my girls still give me a heart attack a day at least lol xx
can not wait for next scan thou thing the weeks will drag lol xx
Posted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:57 am 
Post subject:
I had one at about 4 1/2 - 5 weeks and they could barely see enough to even date it. I had to have an internal scan.

ctinso
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:19 am 
Post subject:
i had both types of scans x

Jump to:  

Community

Popular