bleeding

jadey
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:52 pm 
Post subject: bleeding
im 7 weeks and have been bleeding light for the last 5 hours and having period pains.
Been to hospital and had a urine test done which came back positive and told my curvix was closed.so i may or may no have miscarried.
I was just told to only come back if the pain gets worse or i get blood clotts.
Is this a good sign??
Im worried sick

jade

xx
Archie1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:16 pm 
Post subject:
I don't mean to be personal but what colour and how heavy was the bleeding? I had some bleeding (brown not red) which was quite light around 6 weeks and my maternity unti gave me a scan. It all turned out to be fine. There are a few reasons for bleeding in early pregnancy and not all of them point to miscarriage so try to stay positive evn though it's difficult.
Might be worth asking your hospital if they can do an early scan as it seems a bit harsh that they've sent you away not knowing what's going on.
Hope everything turns out ok
Claire xxx
jadey
Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:26 pm 
Post subject:
Hi,
Thank you.
No it is red not brown.sorry it wa slight but since she has done a smear and cheeked me curvix im a bit heavy now still with pains.

xx
Archie1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:53 pm 
Post subject:
Still don't panic (sorry is is soo difficult) cos everything might be absolutely fine. I read far too much on the net and in books and ended up thinking the worst and I wish I had just tried to stay calm. If I were you I would definitely phone either your GP or maternity unit and ask them for an early scan. It's not fair that you've been left in the dark xxxxx
jadey
Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:00 pm 
Post subject:
Ive got a scan tuesday so fingers crossed. xx
lisaken
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:03 pm 
Post subject: hi
good luck hun lisa xxx
FingersCrossed
Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:25 pm 
Post subject:
I really feel for you and know what you are going through and hopefully I can give you a bit of confidence. I have had two miscarriages and on both ocassions when I bled and had bad cramping my pregnancy tests at the hospital came up virtually saying I was not pregnant already.

Therefore it sounds like you only have 'threatened miscarriage' rather tthan inevitable. I was almost 7 weeks on my 2nd one and I certainly new about it - the bleeding started slowly but then got really heavy and the pain was unbearable (period pain x 10). So I think your positive test result and the fact that your cervix is still closed is a very good sign.

No one can no for sure yet but I have read lots on miscarriage recently and the person who wrote the book had a very heavy bleed at about 8 weeks and thought it was all over. She went on to have healthy twins - so just because it is red does not mean there is no hope

I wish you the best of luck - take it easy as it may be your body telling you to slow down xxx
jadey
Posted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:13 am 
Post subject:
thank you for that advise.
but last night i did have a really big clot which i have got into my head is the baby.
Im still bleeding now with cramps so it is just waiting to tuesday to find out.
My cramps are no worse then period ones, its just the clot that has got me worried.

xx
lisaken
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:22 am 
jadey please phone or go to the hospitail just to get checked out hun it might be nothing but get it cheked dont wait till tue i cant belive they sent u home my fingers r crossed for u hun xxxxx phone them Shocked
jadey
Posted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:31 am 
Post subject:
i did phone hopital.Went back and they did another preg test which is still positive and told me just to rest.
xx
lisaken
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:36 am 
i cant belive they havnt gave u a scan r u still bleeding i woudnt even phone them i would go ther and tell them u want scaned where do u live xxx lisa
jadey
Posted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:57 am 
Post subject:
Seven kings.I waited 2 hrs to see someone yesterday afternoon.
They just said your got a scan bookedd tuesday cant do any sooner.
They dont see it as a big thing

xx
lisaken
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:04 am 
Post subject:
well ill keep my fingers crossed for u jadey and keep me posted i live in newcastle tyne and wear and u would of been straight in if you wher here eney way it might be nothing to worry about is this your first baby xxxx
jadey
Posted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:21 am 
Post subject:
No ive got a 8 year old girl and had none of this.
Just loads of sickness.
Thank you for being there.Its nice just getting it off my chest.
xxx
welshnurse1
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 5:23 pm 
Post subject:
Hi don't know if this helps but i to had bleeding last week mine was light pink/brown and only there when i wiped had a previous missed miscarriage in November am just like yourself am scared stiff having the scan has not elevated any anxieties what so ever had another scan on Thurs and my sac has grown as they would expect but still cannot detect a heart beatan now 6-7 weeks, have another scan booked for Fri. I know what you are going through but as every one keeps telling me think positive. Lisaxx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Pregnancy Problems All times are GMT
Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular