Newly pregnant, how mind blowing is this???

Megamunchies
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:14 am 
Post subject: Newly pregnant, how mind blowing is this???
Hi peeps, I just found out I'm 5 weeks pregnant due to a flippant remark from the woman who works in my local shop... She asked if I was expecting and I just laughed it off saying no I was just fat lol! Decided to have a few drinks and a giggle with my sister and did a test because it was niggling at me and I've never been more shocked to see a faint positive on a clear blue plus.. Absolutely crapped myself and thought it wasn't true so today is day 5 of testing and each time it's darker Very Happy have used clear blue plus and the dip ones you get from asda for £1.. Very scary stuff! I am married and been together 5 years but daren't tell my partner. It's very very complicated as we are a gay couple but don't have sex and I see a man (with her permission) but messed my dates up and am now knocked up! Very happily may I add but very panicky about telling the mrs because she doesn't like my male friend. It sounds even worse when I read it back to myself so any independent advice would be muchly appreciated please Smile no abuse though as I'm a bit hormonal at min lol! Off to docs tomorrow to get confirmed xxx
KathG
Posted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:34 am 
Post subject:
Congratulations on your pregnancy Smile I think that if you want to make this as easy as possible on your partner you need to include her every step of the way. I would tell her sooner rather than later and reassure her that you want this baby to bring you closer together and not to push you apart. This is a big thing that is happening to you and it would be easy for her to feel pushed out. Accept that she might be shocked and may take time to come round to the idea - lots of talking about what you both want and feel will be needed. Good luck. What about the baby's dad does he know? will he want to be involved? Wishing you a happy and healthy nine months.

[/url]
BillJ
AskBaby Team
AskBaby Team
Posted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:51 pm 
Post subject:
Hi megamunchies,

Welcome to AskBaby.com - and congratulations!

From what I can tell KathG has it right, reassure your wife that it's her baby equally and you're excited to do this with her. Just be patient, it could take time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> The Newbies Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular