Forum seems so quiet now?

ladygaga
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:20 pm 
Post subject: Forum seems so quiet now?
Hi all, i used to come on here loads in 2009-2010 and it used to be soooo busy, especially ttc and gen chat. I stopped coming on here alot after I had my son as life is just hectic and ive just started popping back on here now im ttc again.

Now ive been popping on most nights for a few weeks and it just seems so quiet. Seeing the same posts on first pages on the forums, esp gen chat and ttc, which used to have loads of new posts and debates everyday. Where has everyone gone? Confused Shocked

xxHeathxx
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:00 pm 
Post subject:
You're right, I don't know where everyone has gone Surprised x

ladygaga
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:04 pm 
Post subject:
Couldnt believe in BFP'S pics the last post was in April, really nowhere near as busy as it is used to be x

RachN3Babies
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:44 pm 
Post subject:
i check quite often but no one posts like they used to.. x
Posted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:50 pm 
Post subject:
No they dont do they, the buzz seems to have gone Confused

emmie02
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:37 pm 
Post subject:
I know what you mean. I use to check on here everyday ( and sadly sometimes twice a day) but now you can not come on for a week and still see the same posts on the first page.

When i was pg with Belle in 2010 the birth clubs were busy, now there is only 2 regulars that post with me for October!

tracebumfluffwhy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:03 am 
Post subject:
yeah I used to come a few times a day it was soooo busy I've been coming here since 2008 and I've never seen it so quiet.

Mind you last couple of months I've posted a couple of questions, they've had like over a 100 views yet no-one commented, not even I 'can't help but don't want to read and run' Sad. If that happens to newbies (and a lot of not so newbies) they'd just go elsewhere, I know certainly I've had to go elsewhere and ask questions to find the answers I needed, so maybe thats why Sad

Beckylouisexx
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:05 am 
Post subject:
I said this a few months ago Sad I stopped coming on when my ds was born last year & have recently come back on in the last few months & very very quiet. Still have some of the old faces on here Smile but def not the same as last time. I used to get such a buzz from coming on here but like someone said above it feels like the buzz has gone.!! (Not for me lol)....xx

EmzandFlick
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:41 pm 
Post subject:
When I was pregnant the forum was buzzing but it has really died down x I always check posts but there are hardly ever any new ones Sad

ladygaga
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:42 pm 
Post subject:
Definately not just me thinking it then x

DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:10 am 
Post subject:
No not just you, I've been a member for over 3yrs and I've noticed a decline in posts, even the reversal section which used to be so busy when I first joined is almost dead and the TTC section is very quiet, which is a shame because this has always been such a nice friendly site which can't be said for all of them Question
Maybe a lot of people are just too busy now, I know quite a few ladies from TTC have had one or even two children since I joined so maybe they've just got their hands full with them now Smile x
Beckylouisexx
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:16 pm 
Post subject:
To be fair I will admit that when my ds was born I didn't come on the forum for at least 9 months as I was so busy with lo & getting used to being a mum. But now Im in a lovely routine with him & also ttc no 2, I think this forum is great Very Happy I have tried to go on other ones & they aren't as friendly as this one Smile xx

StaceyRD
Posted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:19 pm 
Post subject:
I find myself around so much less because my babies are bigger now Sad

Hard to believe I joined when pregnant with Isabelle and now she's this lanky, chatty little lady who starts pre-school in a matter of weeks! George amazes me every day too, growing up much too quickly, sob.

StaceyRD
Posted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:21 pm 
Post subject:
I find myself around so much less because my babies are bigger now Sad

Hard to believe I joined when pregnant with Isabelle and now she's this lanky, chatty little lady who starts pre-school in a matter of weeks! George amazes me every day too, growing up much too quickly, sob.

Lindseylou
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:36 pm 
Post subject:
DL05 wrote:
No not just you, I've been a member for over 3yrs and I've noticed a decline in posts, even the reversal section which used to be so busy when I first joined is almost dead and the TTC section is very quiet, which is a shame because this has always been such a nice friendly site which can't be said for all of them Question
Maybe a lot of people are just too busy now, I know quite a few ladies from TTC have had one or even two children since I joined so maybe they've just got their hands full with them now Smile x

I have to agree with you I have been on here for a few years now and even I have found it has gone quiet. I think a lot of people have got there BFP and then just been too busy and there is a lot of unanswered post in some part of the forums.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to:  

Community

Popular