parent support pack ideas

MrsOz
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:05 am 
Post subject: parent support pack ideas
Hi

i have been asked to help write a new parents support pack for our local special care unit.

I have written a large amount of it from my personal and professional experience / education (i am a special needs co-ordinator) however i want to make sure i am meeting / guiding new parents questions and concerns even ones i have not thought about. So...

If you were to recieve a parent to parent volunteer info pack, what would you want included / questions be answered. No worries if youve had neo-natel / scbu experience or not, all ideas welcome!

Thanks

xx

Weasleywannabe
Posted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:53 pm 
Post subject:
Hello,
How about lots of information about all the little things you are allowed to do for a child who is in PICU?

Things like the cares the unit lets parents do, weighing nappies, picking blankets etc.

If it is not too expensive a little pair of socks or scratch mits for baby as they are often the only clothes a PICU baby can wear. Being able to dress baby in something could help parents feel that they can look after their child in some ways at a time when it feels like the hospital and the nurses are doing it all.

Thank you
Posted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:25 am 
Post subject:
Fab ideas, thanks. When i spoke to our support group they said exactly that... That they were not actively encouraged to have touch (even if only on their hand), talk to the baby or get more involved in their personal care. I will make more of a point of it.

I love your ideas of mittens or socks. I have approached my workplace and they are considering sponsoring the folders and photocopying of the information, i think i will also add about having a pair of mittens too. Beautiful idea

xx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular