Has anyone had their frozen embryos transfer?

icsiHope
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:22 am 
Post subject: Has anyone had their frozen embryos transfer?
Hi ladies
Not been on for a while, it looks like later this year after ttc no 2 for about 14 months now, we will be booking in for our fet.
Getting kinda of nervous about it all already. Was hoping to hear of any success stories and how many attempts it took?
Thanks
Posted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:12 am 
Post subject:
Hey there,

We've done 2 fet's ( we had 11 blastocysts frozen) , the first one I had 2 embryos transferred and it wasnt successful the 2nd attempt we had 1 embryo transferred and it resulted in Hannah Very Happy
I found both transfers so much less stressful and easier than a round of icsi, less clinic trips and less invasive. Both of my fet's were done with artifical cycles and before each one I had endometrial scratching done as well. Any other qs just ask Smile

We have 3 left which are frozen as a batch of 3 so we have 1 attempt left should we not conceive again naturally. We're going to try again when Hannah turns 1.
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:59 pm 
Post subject:
Oh nutty so glad to hear it all worked out for you. Smile

What meds etc were involved we rang to say to our fertility nurse to say that we are looking to start the second half of this year. She said that I would be better off having a medicated cycle. i take it its not the same meds as before x
Posted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:20 pm 
Post subject:
Yes we got there in the end, We still cant quite believe it every time we look at her. I started buserelin injections on cd 21 to start shutting things down the on cd 3 of new cycle I started progynova tablets which start building the womb lining (1 tablet 3 x a day) and 1 low dose aspirin a day as the progynova could increase the risk of blood clots. I also continued the buserelin injections. Then around cd 10 I went in for a scan to check lining thickness, once that was checked and was looking good i started 400mg 4 x a day cyclogest - 2 in the morning and 2 in the evening up the bum lol. At this point I stopped the injections too. Unsure of cycle day when i started those, also i had to continue the progynova and aspirin throughout. At that scan they gave me a transfer date. To give you an idea of time scale I had endometrial scratching and started the injections on January 17th and embryo transfer was February 20th so around the normal length of a cycle. We got all our drugs from sainsburys and found them the cheapest place over tesco and asda suprisngly. I stayed on all the drugs till 14 weeks pregnant with them being decreased from around 12 weeks. Hope that all made sense lol.
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:27 pm 
Post subject:
Hi, I had a successful FET! I did a natural cycle so no drugs whatsoever! I just tested for ovulation using a normal opk at home, then went in for a scan to double check and had et 3 days later. It was all very easy and not stressful at all, in fact half the time I had to remind myself to take things easy as I had completely forgotten I'd even had an et!

I had previously had an unsuccessful round of icsi and this was my first fet. I have since had 2 more fet's to try for a sibling but both were bfn. I think it really comes down to the embryo in the end.

Let me know if you would like to know more about a natural fet.

Good luck
icsiHope
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:25 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks ladies

Nutty yes that made sense ok so still a lot of drugs were you on any extra than normal? Or is that normal regime do you know?

fc79 - oh wow that sounds like bliss, sorry about your failed ones. Did you have only one replaced or 2?

They said at the time my embryos were of good quality but I imagine they may not be so good after the thaw. OH keeps saying that we are only having one put in as he couldn't cope with twins lol. Do they decide how many go back in?

x
Posted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:10 am 
Post subject:
Hi, I would definitely recommend it! I had 2 transferred the first time and got one baby, I chose 2 and the clinic agreed because on my fresh cycle I had one transferred and it failed. The last 2 times I had 1, then 2. They all survived the thaw really well with only one losing some cells, so no idea what happened, just weren't meant to be I suppose.
nutty1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:11 am 
Post subject:
I was on the standard dose of medication so you can expect to be on something very similar. I would go with 2 being put back personally as the quality is affected by the thawing process. We only had 1 put back on our successful cycle because only 1 out of the 4 that were thawed survived and we wasnt prepared to thaw our final batch of 3 just to get another 1 so we took the chance and went with 1. Luckily they did say on day of transfer that the quality had not been affected by the thawing and that the blastocyst was as good as a fresh one.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular