Alot of CM???

Lindseylou
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:19 pm 
Post subject: Alot of CM???
Well as the subject says. I am ;lost on this one really as ive have been taking Folic acid for over a month now and I noticed this month after my ovulation I am still producing cm which normally dried up till a few days towards AF is due. Would this because of the folic acid doing something? Im not worried just curious really and wonder if it might mean something. I don't normally produce very much but my cycles have start to stay on 28 days so we are regular on that front. Embarassed

Blimey I forgot I was that close to AF coming. Blimey I normally have loads of signs leading up to it a week before. I wonder if finally my body has calmed down to my life style change ion the last 12 months??? I know my boobs are sore already
Lindseylou
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:41 pm 
Post subject:
No one got any answers atall?
Banoffee
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:19 pm 
Post subject:
I've not heard of Folic acid having an effect on CM. I've heard of vitamin B6 helping with cm. is Folic acid part of the b vitamin family ? If it is maybe it could!
Posted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:14 pm 
Post subject:
Oh well I will just see what happens this month. I haven't really been noticing it that much but it feels like I have been wetting myself a lot this month.

I have only got 3 more day before AF is due.

DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:22 am 
Post subject:
Yes Folic acid (or folate as its also called) is a B vitamin, I've heard of B vits being good for luteal phase length but not specifically for cm but it could be Question
I was taking a high dose at one point, 400 mg in a multi vit plus another 400mg in a separate tablet (bit paranoid about neural tube defects because of my age ) and I don't remember having lots of cm after ov with it Question , I also normally don't get much, but then some months I have much more, like this cycle that's just ended, to the point I was checking it wasn't AF or something all the time Rolling Eyes and it stayed white and I never got the clear stuff I normally get for 2 days before AF Question but I also had lots of ewcm for about a week before ov this cycle as well, which is unusual for me so I put the extra cm down to higher overall hormones levels maybe Question and I suspect I may have ov'd both sides which can happen sometimes Question
Maybe that's what happened with you this month as you said you felt different overall, maybe you popped 2 eggs Question Hopefully you caught at least one of them if you did, not long to wait now Smile xx
Lindseylou
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:47 pm 
Post subject:
FX Nat70. but I am trying to to think about it too much so much so that I bought more af products for the next af. Embarassed

I will wait till the weekend then go from there. I don't want to test to early just to annoy myself.

Lindseylou
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:45 pm 
Post subject:
Well this meant nothing as AF arrived today. So im going to finish the bottle of folic acid then that is it for me. I don't want to be a old mum so he has lost out for good now.
xxHeathxx
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:10 pm 
Post subject:
So sorry to hear the witch got you and you've had to make that decision xx

Lindseylou
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:24 pm 
Post subject:
Well I have gone as far as I can go and he needs to go for test and loss weight. He is not doing any so I have said enough is enough, he cant want kids that bad. Only all his friends are having babies all around and I know he want to be doing the same but he cant be bothered.
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:38 am 
Post subject:
So sorry to hear that Lindsey, maybe if he see's you're serious it will snap him out of it and then he'll have the tests and try and lose the weight ?
Honestly though as far as relationships go I think if you miss out on your dream of a baby not because it just isn't possible but because he won't do anything to help it happen you could well end up really resenting him for it and that's very damaging to a relationship so maybe he really needs to look at how committed he is to you and your future together as a couple as well as the whole baby issue Question xx
Lindseylou
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:36 pm 
Post subject:
I do wonder what will snap him out of it but I doubt nothing. He will be the one who regrets it as he is the one that wants kids more than I do. I was going along with it because he wanted kids. I just tell his friends that he doesn't want kids and let him explain it from there. serves him right.
Im going to book appointment with the doctors to get the pill and have that laying around so he knows that im not mucking about.
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:33 am 
Post subject:
That is strange then that he won't have any tests or done anything to help things happen Question
Maybe he's just worried if he has tests done that it will show he has some sort of problem and he doesn't know how to handle it so he's burying his head Question Men can be strange sometimes Rolling Eyes
Maybe seeing you go back on the pill will make him realise what he's missing out on xx
Lindseylou
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:40 am 
Post subject:
His reason behind it is that his friend who are not slim have all been able to have kids so why shouldn't he. I do think that he may have had something wrong as his mum had loads of problem conceiving him and his sister. His sister has the poly ovaries problem and I wonder if he might have something but in the man form? I don't know but he know his weight is a big issue but seems to be in coookoo land thinking we have all the time in the world. I already said he is limited times I don't want to be a old mum and im already over the 35 mark.
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:04 am 
Post subject:
Fertility doesn't work like that though does it, you could have a slim super healthy young man in his twenties and he could have no sperm or a 70 yr old who gets women pregnant Rolling Eyes Laughing
Typical man logic to say stuff like that though , and your initial fertility has a knock on effect as well so maybe his friends who are overweight had brilliant fertility so the bad effects just lowered it a bit Question , if his was never great to start with then everything that lowers it a bit has the potential to bring it down to a level where he then can't get you pregnant Question I bet he is scared, but it's daft really as most problems can be sorted out so finding out makes sense, and you'd think the fact you haven't got pregnant might have made him wake up to the fact that there could possibly be a problem . Men can be affected by hormone imbalances by being overweight (as can women and PCOS is a form of hormone imbalance although you can be thin and have it as well )and it can lower testosterone which has an impact on sperm as does being pre diabetic Question So it could well be weight related even if his friends haven't had the same problems xx
Alowicious
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:52 am 
Post subject:
He's just being an awkward man!! Do what you said and leave a pill packet lying around so he can see it, talk to him and say he has a month to think about it and make a plan or you will take the pill and that's that. Sometimes men need a seed planted in their minds and then they need to think and then suddenly one day they go 'right can you make an appointment for me at the Drs please' like it's all their idea to get checked out lol!!

Fat or thin it's hormones that decide how fertile you are, my husband is overweight by 2 stone and he had a recent hormone test (simple blood test) that showed his hormones all very low hence the reason he wasn't making any sperm. My DH was so reluctant to go and have his very first sperm test but eventually he did it and it showed the bad news he expected. Men don't like being told it's their fault their woman can't have kids, it's the whole macho thing and if his friends are all starting to have kids this is probably a big concern of his.

p.s. 35 is nothing, I had my first at 36 and I'm having my second 4 weeks before my 40th birthday. There are pro's and cons for being an older mum but I love it Smile

Jump to:  

Community

Popular