Baby dress for autumn/winter

xxHeathxx
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:05 pm 
Post subject: Baby dress for autumn/winter
I'm a bit unsure what we should be dressing LO one as the weather gets colder. Throughout the summer if we've not been going out she's been wearing short sleeve bodysuits (the ones that come in packs of about 5) Everywhere sells them, but they don't seem to have changed even though all the winter things are out in the shops. Surely their legs and feet will get cold in the winter?? We don't really want her in sleepsuits during the day as want her to differentiate from day and night. And I'm not really sure I want her in jeans as want her to look like a baby for as long as possible. She's got quite a few wintery dresses for going out but I'm more just thinking every day wear. She's got a few pairs of leggings that we've tried on over the bodysuits but they look really silly. Am I missing something haha?

steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:28 pm 
Post subject:
you can get all in ones with the feet out and short sleeves.

i used to dress my daughter in long sleeved t-shirts and leggings or jogging bottoms over a vest.

hayley2903
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:36 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Smile my little girl wears either long sleeve dresses (like the Sarah Louise ones) at the minute. But when she was very young i popped her in tights, a little dress and hand knitted cardy! Ive always had Lola in sleeveless vests too! Xx
Posted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:02 pm 
Post subject:
Alice is usually in a dress with tights and a cardI if it's cold or socks and bare arms.. Depends on the temperature.. Today she had a little dress with some tights and bare arms.. She was too hot so I took her tights off... It's night Times I'm struggling with. She has her vest sleepwear and sleeping bag.. But she can still feel cold then you put another blanket and she feels too hot.. Confusing.. Tonight's warm enough at least.. X
Posted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:36 am 
Post subject:
steph181 wrote:

I've never seen them, will have to have a look thanks.

We've got a few dresses for when we're going out but guess I was looking for something basic for around the house.

xx

steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:20 am 
Post subject:
xxHeathxx wrote:
steph181 wrote:

I've never seen them, will have to have a look thanks.

We've got a few dresses for when we're going out but guess I was looking for something basic for around the house.

xx

Theres some here on Asda, some look more like nightwear, but I love the little denim ones

http://direct.asda.com/george/baby/all-in-ones/D5M10G1C2,default,sc.html

Banoffee
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:10 am 
Post subject:
The bodysuits you mention are designed really to be used as vests in winter and in summer if hot like you have done good on there own. you can then put jeggings/leggings on over the body suit with either a t-shirt or jumper and socks.
Posted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:19 pm 
Post subject:
yeah the vests/bodysuits would go under a long sleeve top (or use a long sleeve vest under a top) then a jumper, layers are loads better than one or two really warm items. Under one year I honestly 100% do not think she would know the difference between what nighttime clothes are and daytime clothes are. We used trousers that had feet also with long sleeve vests and jumpers before eli was crawling http://www.jojomamanbebe.co.uk/sp+stripe-knitted-baby-leggings-with-feet-in-babywear+B8275

I think when it gets really cold you will probably worry less about what they look like so long as they are comfy, warm and you can get to their nappy with minimal fuss! (Bah, snowsuits!!!). The winter elijah was 8 or so months was absolutely bitter, we were snowed in for almost 5 weeks and tbh he just wore basically all of his clothes in layers all of the time with blankets, but that was quite extreme.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular