Broody as hell!!

angeldemon
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:36 pm 
Post subject: Broody as hell!!
Hi guys,

Don't really know where to post this and could do with some input. I have posted on 'am I pregnant' about my copper UID and as my strings were missing (discovered after sex) and I had a late af I was worried I was pregnant. I was not, am just finishing af and have a scan to locate UID strings wed.

Here's the thing.....I have 2 beautiful boys, 8 and 3. I have split up from their father and am now in the most wonderful relationship ever. He also has 2 boys, 19 and 16. (He's 17 yrs older than me).....my degree is just finishing and I am working towards post grad study and career, no thought of more babies UNTIL I thought I might have been pregnant Confused

I warmed to the idea, we talked and he said he 'would' do it all again 9if he had too type thing) but thinks he is too old now. (Hes 48, I'm 31) In short, maybe I should just move on from the broody feeling as it doesn't really make any sense but I am already driving myself mad about wanting to conceive one last time Sad
Time is not on our side and I need to snap out of it. Laughing

MrsZargon
Posted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:30 am 
Post subject:
Hiya, that's a difficult one to reply to. I know if you had been pregnant you would have got on with it and would never regretted having that child but making the choice to have another one is quite different. I don't think the age thing should matter too much - you being 31 is still very young and although 48 is getting slightly older than the "norm" he has already committed to you and therefore your 3 year old so having a baby isn't a step much further. I guess the big thing for me would be that you sound as if you have a lot of wonderful stuff going on in your life, your degree, career etc and this great relationship after presumably a turbulent time splitting from your kids dad so looking to the future you have so much to look forward too that doesn't include having another baby. I certainly don't think you should force the issue on your partner if he is dead against it, maybe give it a couple of months and keep talking about your feelings and see how it pans out?
angeldemon
Posted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:47 pm 
Post subject:
Thank you so much for your reply.
You are right, there is so much to look forward to and I really really want to go on and do 2 years masters degree next sept.....sigh.

I just can't get over how broody I am at the moment Laughing

I will give it a couple of months and look at the situation again, it may just be that with the scare i grew to like the idea but after some time has passed I may change my mind,

Thanks again. x

KathG
Posted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:59 pm 
Post subject:
Welcome to my world, I spend my life day dreaming about being pregnant/ wanting to be pregnant. For me the timing is not right - money, work, house too small.... so I spend my life with my heart aching for pregnancy while my head says "not now" lol. Think we women are deeply programmed to want children. Think you are right to give yourself time to think about it more. Good luck with whatever you decide... and whatever you decide will work out for the best in the end.

[/url]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Trying to Conceive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular