Copper coil...can it happen?!!

angeldemon
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:13 pm 
Post subject: Copper coil...can it happen?!!
Hello everyone!!

I have not posted on askbaby for a loooong time as my last DS was born March 2010.

I have split up with my children's father and my kids are 8 and 3 now, no plans for any more.

I am in a relationship with a great guy who has grown up kids and we are talking about moving in together in the long term (couple of years or so) and I need some advice.
I have always been pretty lame at remembering to take my pill, no excuses, just lame. So I decided 7 months ago to have the copper coil fitted because my career is just taking off and more babies just isn't really a viable option, have had no problems with coil! Smile

BUT, I am feeling pretty rough last couple of weeks and put it down to going off to residential week at University as I am just completing my degree, but ever since I got back I have been unusually tired, hungry and nauseous. I also smoke, no judgment please, I am trying so hard to quit currently,2 days clear and in fact they started to make me feel sick, another symptom I had previously. My gut tells me that I am not pregnant and I am not that late yet, a few days- maybe a week.

I have tried to find my strings this evening and I can't!! Must be a month or so since I felt them last......could pregnancy occur with the coil in? Shocked
I am quite sure it hasn't been expelled and I'm hoping that writing this invoke sods law and I shall get my period tomorrow! Laughing
Any thoughts?
xx

DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:28 am 
Post subject:
Simple answer is yes it can, and the copper coil works mainly by stopping implanting rather than stopping ov as its not hormonal so if it's moved then the chances it's not working properly are greater so I'd test if I were you as it does sound like you have a lot of the most commonly described early pregnancy symptoms, which for me tended to kick in around 5-6 weeks so if you're getting them now you could be more than that even if you've had what you thought was a period (could have been an implant bleed or breakthrough bleed caused by hormones)and the sooner you find out the more options you have, Good Luck xx
angeldemon
Posted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:23 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks for reply!

I have tested negative and am now very crampy with a little spotting.
I have a scan booked on the 21st to locate the UID and despite the all the signs I do not think I am pregnant. I feel like af could come at any moment. However, I do think that somehow the coil has something to do with this, I slept for 14 hours last night so either I am experiencing bad pms this month with delayed af or am preg but not showing +!

I will test again tomorrow, but either way the strings are def gone so cant wait for the scan so I go from there. xx

ctinso
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:27 am 
Post subject:
hi how they locate it? was you pg or was it results of coil moving..i have a friend who got caught on the coil so i think it can happen..hope all worked out xx
Posted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:22 pm 
Post subject:
Hi,

I have just finished af and am definitely NOT pregnant.

I have a scan this wed 21st Aug to try and locate the coil.

Hopefully it is just a case of hooking the strings back down. Embarassed

Funny thing is, I had started to grow fond of the idea of number 3, Shocked so was a little bit sad when af arrived Question
Still, being pregnant with the coil in situ is not a good thing so it worked out for the best.
I have since mentioned my feelings about another baby, the kind of 'what if' conversation.
He says he's too old now (17 yrs between us) and I understand that.....but Laughing x

ctinso
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:25 am 
Post subject:
he may come round to the idea in the future
It is scary when you start thinking you are then bam af hits you
Hope they find your col an do the string ok for you on wed xx x

Jump to:  

Community

Popular