Asking for a pal - IVF pregnancy

MrsOz
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:12 pm 
Post subject: Asking for a pal - IVF pregnancy
Hi there,

Sorry to intrude on your wall, but am wondering if any of you can give me some advice that I can pass on to a friend who is also a colleague that I am helping write the work risk assessment for. She has successfully conceived her fist baby via IVF - first attempt - so chuffed for her - but has been told alsorts of things that she has been told to do / how the birthing plan will go etc. (ie will be induced on due date, is having lots of extra scans etc)

So... what are the tips / guides that that I need to be aware of? Any friendly advice I can pass (other than my own experiences of natural pregnancy) on or anything extra I should be aware of when writing the risk assessment?

Thanks in advance

xx

fc79
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:57 pm 
Post subject:
Hi,does your friend have complications that will affect her pregnancy? I got pregnant through IVF and once I'd had a scan to confirm at 8 weeks I was handed over to the NHS and was treated exactly the same as any other pregnancy.

Maybe just bear in mind that she will feel particularly protective over herself and she won't want to over do things or be put in stressful situations.
MrsOz
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:09 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks for your reply. No complications that i am aware of but she is 36 which she thinks may make a difference.

I agree that how she feels may be different how i felt as i concieved naturally so in that sense emotionally her experience will be different to mine. I will be sure to make points about stress reduction in her assessment.

Thanks again xx

nutty1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:56 am 
Post subject:
I conceived this pregnancy through fertility treatment and again I have been treated the same as any normal pregnancy. Unless she has any specific health problems that may affect her then she wont be treated any different. Induction will also be the same as a normal pregnancy.
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:54 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks. And good luck to you both xx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> IVF & Sterilisation Reversal All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular