Nothing on ultra sound

krissy1981
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:32 am 
Post subject: Nothing on ultra sound
So my dr sent me in for an ultra sound because we were not sure whether I was 4w3d or 8w3d anyway they did trans vaginal scan and nothing was found not even a sac. Should I be concerned? Could it have been to early if in fact I was 4 w3d?
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:02 am 
Post subject:
It could well have been too early to see a sac at 4 weeks and 3 days especially if you have a backwards tilting uterus which makes scans less clear or even that date could be off by a few days, I'm presuming you'd missed more than one period so you don't know when you conceived ?
When you actually got a positive pregnancy test might be more helpful for figuring out what's going on as if it was weeks ago that would indicate something should show on the scan by now but if it was in the last few days it might well just be too early and everything could be fine on your next scan , Good Luck xx
krissy1981
Posted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:17 am 
Post subject:
Thanks DL05 I did get a positive pregnancy test on cd 30. I thought I had implantaion last month but must of been a light period. So as soon as I got my positive urine I pretty much had an ultrasound the following day.
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:42 am 
Post subject:
That is very early then, most docs I've seen have said there's not much point scanning until around 6 weeks Question as before that you might or might not see a sac or foetal pole but it's unlikely there would be a heartbeat anyway so you'd still worry and have to have another scan, there have been a lot of women on here in the same situation and then at the next scan everything was fine, Good luck xx
JellyBean73
Posted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:44 am 
Post subject:
I had a scan at 5 weeks 3 days & the lady said don't be surprised if we don't see anything, even then we could only just make out the sac. Went back 2 weeks later & everything had moved on loads. So may be it might be worth going back in a few weeks. I have 3 scans to see the changes in a few weeks is amazing. Good luck x
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Pregnancy Problems All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular