Has anybody had the op with Dr slade or pickersgill?

Dtdlkl
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:23 pm 
Post subject: Has anybody had the op with Dr slade or pickersgill?
Hi , I've managed to get the money together! Yay
It's been a long battle !
I've looked at the Internet for hours trying to decide
Where to go , we live in Manchester . Any help is
Much appreciated ! X x c
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:17 pm 
Post subject:
I had Mr Pickersgill, I'm just outside Manchester and went to the Spire Regency at Macclesfield, I did rate him highly from the first consultation and from the qualifications he has and he does come across as a really nice man, with a great bedside manner, but some things he told us about our IVF success chances were misleading I found out later, and an unusually high number of his patients seem to only end up with one tube Question
Both myself and another Lady who had the op at the same hospital on the same day only had one repaired which we put down to coincidence as he gave different reasons for it, but then a couple of other ladies who came on here also only had one tube repaired by him and it started to seem like it was almost usual for him Question
Or at least a lot of coincidences, I know for me personally he said the right one would have been very short if he'd cut it back enough to get a repair but I'd still rather have had a short tube than no tube Question
At first he did email me back if I asked him things but then that stopped very suddenly and I did hear something that made me think he might not be practising now Question Don't know what the outcome was but I have to say on balance I don't feel I can recommend him now, purely because none of the women I know who had reversals done by him have conceived and after all that's the goal when having the op Question
There's a Luciano Nardo in Manchester who does the op and has a good reputation and I've heard of pregnancies and also a Mr Pickles but he's Nottingham I think Question but with hindsight I think it's well worth travelling to get a good surgeon and he seems to have good pregnancy success rates Smile xx
Dtdlkl
Posted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:55 pm 
Post subject:
Thank you so much for replying ! . I'm going to look
Around a bit more . I've got a week off work so ill put
My feet up and search ! I've also been given the name dr slade ?
It was at the Alexandra hospital in Cheshire . I'm sure she said dr nardo aswell ?
Ill ring back and check .
Good luck , sending lots of baby dust x x x
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:06 am 
Post subject:
I've not heard of Mr Slade Question With hindsight though I'd definitely go with someone who has been recommended because of pregnancy success rates, some surgeons count tubes repaired and with dye spill as a success but for me personally I'd only count a pregnancy as a success Question and a lot of surgeons seem very reluctant to talk about the pregnancy rates of their patients and some don't seem to have a clue which would suggest poor follow up Question It's a lot of money to spend to not end up pregnant and then face either deciding not to try any more or have to have IVF as well which could be another £3,000 + so it's definitely worth taking your time and getting the right man or woman for the job (and believe me I know it's hard, once you've decided to go for it you just want it done don't you Rolling Eyes Laughing ) Good luck with finding someone , oh and can't remember if I said that there's an outcomes post in this section, which lists ops and surgeons and outcomes, it might be on the second page again now xx
Dtdlkl
Posted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:27 pm 
Post subject:
I know , plus I impatient ! Laughing
Well after spending hours and hours on the Internet and phone , I've found a surgeon ! .
It's not far from home , I'm booked In or my consultation this Friday !
Not long now Surprised x
Hopefully I'll be posting on the ttc thread very soon
I'm very nervous about the op , it's keyhole and I've only got 10 days off work , hope its enough Confused X x x
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:18 am 
Post subject:
I had keyhole and I was fine after, the reaction to the anaesthetic was the worst thing for me, I was sick as a dog for a couple of hours Rolling Eyes Laughing I didn't have any pain, just bloated from the gas they used, was very tired the first night and slept from tea time to the next morning and the belly button wound got a bit bruised after a couple of days so I had to avoid certain clothes that pressed on it the other two tiny wounds were never painful Smile , but I was back to driving and exercising 5 days later Very Happy
I've had 3 laproscopies since which is a similar op and been the same with those recovery wise, only I told the anaesthetist about being sick and they gave me stuff beforehand so I felt great when I woke up Very Happy So I'd recommend asking for something to stop nausea Very Happy
I think the sooner you're up and about the better as the gas they inflate you with can give you some shoulder tip pain and walking about helps your body get rid of it Smile I was nervous as my only ops before this were 3 sections and I felt awful after those and in a lot of pain but honestly the keyhole was nothing like that and I'd have another keyhole op tomorrow if it helped sort my tube out Laughing
Come and post on the TTC after reversal section now if you like Smile , it's actually for all Ladies, pre and post op Very Happy Everyone's welcome Very Happy We do say every now and again it should have a name change Laughing Good Luck with your Op, have you got a date now then ? xx
Dtdlkl
Posted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:18 am 
Post subject:
I'm going to pop over then Smile
Well his secretary said that he would be willing to
Do the op " one evening next week " !
I couldn't sleep last night thinking about babies
The op and what to pack for a one night stay ! Lol
I reacted the same when I had the op in the first place
They gave me an injection and told me to mention
It if I ever had to have anasetic again !
I remember having to have 3 weeks off work
Because the stiches got infected . I've heard that
They glue you know ? . Ill post on the other forum
When I've been in Friday eek excited Smile
Thank you so much for taking the time to reply x x x x
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:49 am 
Post subject:
I had glue for my reversal and it healed brilliantly don't even have any scars from that now, but I had stitches later for an NHS lap and dye and they did them too tight and left an internal one showing through my belly button so it wouldn't heal and they got infected and I have raised scars still from those now Rolling Eyes but my other lap and dye and the lap and cannulation I've had since I had glue again and only have one very faint line Question
So given the choice I'd always go for glue now, it looks messy but it does seem to heal much better Very Happy and its well worth letting them know you felt sick last time as there's lots of stuff they can give you to stop it happening and it made a huge difference to me .
Fantastic news they can do it so quickly Very Happy Does that mean you can start trying this cycle ? I've heard of some (crazy) Ladies doing the deed the day of their op and getting pregnant Shocked but some docs say not to try the first month, mine just said go for it when you're ready Laughing xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> IVF & Sterilisation Reversal All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular