Who has used Dr Pickles at Nottingham reversal clinic?

Yummymummy8888
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:22 pm 
Post subject: Who has used Dr Pickles at Nottingham reversal clinic?
Hi, my name is Anna, I got sterilised 10 years ago when I was 21.
I had a private consultation yesterday evening at Spire hospital pentwyn which went really bad and I walked out.
I've found a clinic in Nottingham with a Dr Pickles and I'm just wondering have any of you ladies used the doctor/clinic and how was your experience?
I'm just concerned as I'm a 3-hour drive away from this clinic and I dont know the reputation of the doctor/clinic.
I've spoken with Mandy on the phone (Dr Pickles secretary) who seems lovely and very helpful which is a positive start.
I'm now awaiting a telephone consultation before going ahead with a face to face consultation.
I guess I will ask Dr Pickles all the questions I need to know, but it's nice to have feedback from women who have had the operation.
lisab36
Posted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:01 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Anna, i am travelling from Scotland to have my reversal with Dr Pickles in September. I had a telephone conversation with him due to the distance. He was great very understanding and i cant wait till op. If you go on the reversal section of the forum and got to part 14 of ttc after reversal post you will be able to read very positive posts about Dr P. I have done a lot of research and confident in my choice with Dr P and his team. Good luck for the future x
Yummymummy8888
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:28 pm 
Post subject: Dr P
Hi Lisa, thanks for your reply I really appreciate it Very Happy
I'm actually booked in with Dr Pickles for a reversal in November 2013, I would like to stay in contact with yourself to see how your journey goes with the reversal and the whole hospital experience.
I'm going on a 4 day break to Scotland in September.
Good luck to you to Lisa xx
If you don't mind me asking how many kids do you have now? And how old were you when you got sterilised?
Good luck too xxxx
lisab36
Posted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:45 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Anna, that sound great i am happy to keep in contact and i will let you know how i get on. I would love to hear your experience and hope things go after your op too. I have 4 sons, two are teenagers. I was sterilised 10 years ago at age 26. I regretted it from the minute i confirmed the consultant should continue after my c.section. But i cant wait to have the op, of course i am nervous but really excited too. How many of a family do you have? Lisa x
Yummymummy8888
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:02 pm 
Post subject:
Hi, Lisa
You were bloody young too, having 4 kids by 26. I take my hat off to you ahahahahah
I got a daughter aged 12 and a son aged 10.
Im going into this operation mainly because of the pelvic pains which I've suffered with for years and I need to know if the filshie clips have migrated, soon find out huh?
To be honest I am very open minded to having another pregnancy I really am but I do get frightened at times thinking could I cope? would I have postnatal depression? would this baby have hearing problems like my son? I'm a worryer) I just want to be sensible about this and not just think babies are easy cos it's hard work. My life from 10 years ago was at the other scale. My hubby also works away.
I must say though that Dr P prices are very reasonable, don't you think?
lisab36
Posted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:20 pm 
Post subject:
Yes Anna i totally agree lol. I understand you situation i have heard more about it while i was trying to get info on the reversal. It cant be easy and i cant understand why the nhs does not help if people are suffering. My reasons are just that after having my boys i wanted a career, i went of to uni, worked part time and took care of my family. Then mid course i was hit with a chronic condition that left me completely bedbound and useless to my boys. i was very ill for 8 years and through a 3 year fight back to health i have made it. Now i enjoy every minute i can with my boys and OH and if a new addition happens then its a great bonus 😊. I am ready to grab life with both hands and have a ball x
lisab36
Posted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:25 pm 
Post subject:
PS. I got so carried away there i forgot to say, i found Mr P's price a little higher that surgeons nearer me but he was more happy to talk about his success rate and give me a clear true opinion of my chance to have another little one. There was no sale pitch with him and i got that from others why for me he is worth it. Lisa x
Yummymummy8888
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:31 pm 
Post subject:
Hi, Lisa
I hope you do get to have your new addition to your family and that you embrace and enjoy it. Sounds like you have worked hard at uni and part time work excpecially juggling life and 4 children,I hope your health stays very well, you must be a fighter x
I honestly couldn't believe the doctors attitude via my private spire consultation I bloody paid £150 to be insulted. It truly upset me when he said he would take my tubes away completely, Christ I may as well go to my local butcher huh.
I bet your soooooo excited Smile have your family and children been supportive to your reversal?
Yummymummy8888
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:38 pm 
Post subject:
Ah now I found Dr P prices cheaper than my local spire private hospital, I also liked the fact that Mandy was aware of my bad consultation at spire and how i paid £150 for no help or outcome at all.
I had the option of a telephone consultation which was free of charge to see what I thought of Dr P, I could also have the option of a face to face consultation which was £140 they didn't push to make extra money which was a nice and genuine.
Basically after the telephone consultation I booked my theatre date.
lisab36
Posted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:50 pm 
Post subject:
I am sure you will get all the support you need with Mr P and his team. I did chat a while back about a new addition to the family and they where all happy enough. However due to my youngest autism and my oldest fragile mental health they think mum and dad are just away for a few nights. I cant have them worrying, as soon as we are home i will explain. I know they will cope better with that from past experience x
Yummymummy8888
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:28 pm 
Post subject:
Well Lisa good luck for your operation in September x x
I hope everything goes to plan x
I'm sure your family will understand and be just as happy as yourself and hubby Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> The Newbies Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular