Wanting baby number three

Kimmy21
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:40 pm 
Post subject: Wanting baby number three
Some people are going to be annoyed with me over this post so I apologise in advance. I have two beautiful children with my husband and life is brilliant but yet again I find I have that longing feeling for another baby. My husband doesn't want another baby but once in a while he humours me and says we can talk about it. I know I am very lucky and the fact I have a boy and a girl is perfect but I just feel something is missing. Is this empty feeling ever going to go away?

hayley2903
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:28 pm 
Post subject:
I hope so otherwise I'll end up with about 10! Xx
Posted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:59 pm 
Post subject:
I just feel so down about it. I know I am lucky and I should count my blessings but I just love being a mummy and I have always wanted a big family

DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:58 am 
Post subject:
I don't know why anyone would be annoyed by this post Question
It's totally up to you how many children you want, there's no rule that says if you get a boy and a girl then you should just be grateful and stop Question
In fact it used to annoy me when people said things like 'you can stop now you've got one of each can't you' as if having children was a chore to get over and done with Shocked Laughing But I did find I always got broody when my youngest got to around 2 ish and that feeling can go away again, it did for me twice, not permanently and not this time though as it's been 9yrs since he was 2 and I still feel the same Rolling Eyes Laughing but now I can't conceive anyway which I think makes it worse Rolling Eyes maybe a case of if you can't have it you want it more Question Laughing
I know I have 2 friends who had their first and always wanted to have more and then had longer gaps for various reasons (relationship breakdowns etc.)they found that when the opportunity to have more children arose years later they didn't want to start all over again and chose to not have any more Question
I think for a lot of women though we're at the mercy of our hormonal urges Rolling Eyes which just make us want another baby when our littlest starts growing up, however impractical it is Rolling Eyes and some of us more than others Laughing
If age is on your side you could always try and wait maybe a while and then if that need doesn't go away then maybe make a decision then Question
Maybe negotiate with your OH if he's not so keen now and say if maybe you still feel the same a year from now he'll consider the idea properly Question xx
Kimmy21
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:51 pm 
Post subject:
I have been feeling like this for over a year now well more or less since I had my daughter in 2011. My family think I am mad to have another baby and when ever I mention it they just say things like well you have one of each or dont you think you have your hands full without adding to the chaos. I am starting to feel really down about it all and OH just doesnt understand. He is a fantastic dad but I do everything, he gets all the fun stuff like playing with them and bathing them and I dont mind that as he works hard to support us. I just dont know Crying or Very sad

hoping4number2
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:58 am 
Post subject:
Oh, this is soooooo me!!

I have two kids as well, again a boy and a girl and we always said we would have two. I had two but since my girl has been born, I've been sooooo broody and desperate for another one! I thought it would go away but the feeling is getting stronger if anything! I just cannot get rid of it and the hubby is not loving the idea!

We're going to seriously talk about it in the next couple of months but I think I know how that will go! I'm hoping he'll come round to the idea as I think I'll regret not having another.

Good luck to you!

Xx

Jump to:  

Community

Popular