So £470 and one (painful) Hycosy later...

MrsZargon
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:41 pm 
Post subject: So £470 and one (painful) Hycosy later...
I've been told there is nothing wrong with me. Both tubes clear and free flowing, everything else looking fine, a dominant follicle on my left ovary for ov this month. So that's the end of the road for me now in terms of tests - next step would be ivf if that's what we decide.

Tell you what the hycosy bloody hurt though and I'm normally a tough cookie with a high pain threshold - in fact the waves of cramps reminded me what being in labour was like! It took him 3 attempts to get the balloon inflated without it slipping out! Can see why they make you sit down and have a cup of tea afterwards!
KazM
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:27 pm 
Post subject:
The pain thing is very individual. My HSG didn't hurt at all(felt v stretchy for obvious reasons but that's it), yet my boss was in loads of pain when she had hers.
Glad it was good news for you though. xx
Posted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:28 pm 
Post subject:
That's good news not about the pain though!!
Posted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:39 am 
Post subject:
Great news that everything was clear Very Happy Sorry you had a lot of pain though Sad , I agree with Kaz it's definitely an individual thing, I only had a few seconds of cramping when they inflated the balloon and put the dye in first, no worse than bad period pains, and its supposed to be more painful when you get no fill which I did Question
But I know some people who found it awful and yet had free flow Question
At least you don't have to go through it again now though Smile and it could be that you did have some mucus or debris in one or both tubes that the dye clears easily, it's quite common and could explain what pregnancy rates go up in the 3 months after a HSG or hycosy so you never know what might happen this cycle, will be keeping my fingers crossed for you xx
MrsZargon
Posted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:58 am 
Post subject:
Thanks everyone I feel absolutely fine now although still spotting lightly. Any idea when I can get on and BD again? The dr said it was fine to go for it this month but didn't say how soon and I forgot to ask?
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:36 am 
Post subject:
I was told it was fine to try straight away as they use a very fine catheter that doesn't stretch the cervix at all, but like you I had bleeding, for me it was like an AF though Rolling Eyes for about 4 days, so I waited until after that, but its fine to BD with spotting xx
Lindseylou
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:18 pm 
Post subject:
Ahh that is good news for you and crack on with that baby dancing. lol
kas123
Posted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:50 am 
Post subject:
I was told by my concultant that even if your tubes were not blocked after my lap and dye to go for it. he said that due to the flushing out of the tubes you are more likely to become PG in the first two/three months due to the tubes being totally open and free from anything. Sounds like the HSG is the same kind of thing fingers crossed that this will be your month and you will not need the IVF.
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:37 pm 
Post subject:
Yeah the dye part of the HSG is the same as the dye part of the lap and dye Kas xx
They do think that often the dye being injected can instantly push out any minor blockages like mucous plugs and general debris a bit like putting a hose pipe down a drain Laughing so it never actually shows as a blockage on the x-rays but it might have been causing an issue and that and the way the pressure can help straighten slightly kinked tubes could explain why the pregnancy rates go up in the 3 months or so after a HSG or hycosy or lap and dye Smile
Whatever the reasons the stats show you are slightly more likely to conceive after one so it's definitely worth giving it a good shot this month Very Happy xx
KazM
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:23 pm 
Post subject:
They say the pain factor also depends how fast they inject the dye too. The slower it is, the less likely you are to have pain. xx
Posted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:15 am 
Post subject:
Just got the bill from the hospital and am very pleased to say that they are only charging me £364 for the scan! Am stupidly happy that something good has happened for once Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Trying to Conceive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular