name reflection gender intution

MummyFlint
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:40 pm 
Post subject: name reflection gender intution
Hey so ive tried googling this in discussions and come up with nothing.

I am just wondering ifanyone before finding out the sex of baby if they felt a warmer intution towards gender specific names?
Im just wondering if having a certain name in mind or a list of names outweighting each other pointed towards an inner or subconscious intuition or feeling bout what gender you were having.

So I yhought ask your opinions?

For my first I had 2 definate boy names and 1 girl but my intuition said boy very strongly.
For my second had no intuition but guessed boy. But had a list of maybe girl names and 1 definate boy name.
I am now carryin my third and yet to find out gender. I have a definate girls name but cnt find any boys names what so ever aand struggling to even agree on any possible names. Is this a sigb mayb?

I understand no matter what its 50/50 chance. I have no gender preference other than ease of name finding lol x
hayley2903
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:55 pm 
Post subject:
I was the exact same!! My boyfriend would always put it down to "well it can only be 50/50" but from day 1 we jokingly called her Poppy (well my belly haha) but this was before we knew i was pregnant and just had a hunch!
Then at around 3 months we changed it to Lola, we found out at 20 weeks and we just knew she was a girl. I have a weird feeling that my next would be a boy too, i guess time will tell haha (lots of time Wink)

xx
Posted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:24 pm 
Post subject:
Hayley does that mean u had no boys names or jst leaned more towards girl names before knowing?
Banoffee
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:52 pm 
Post subject:
I didn't know when I was pregnant over 13 years ago what I was having but couldn't find any boys names I liked. I had two girls names and she was a girl. With my son I knew at 20 weeks the gender but b4 that couldn't find any girls names I liked but I was convinced I was having a girl until I found out otherwise.

So I guess I kind of did then!!
Posted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:06 pm 
Post subject:
sorry haha!
I did have my boys name but that is simply down to me being a planner and having had my names since i was around 12!! haha
We only slightly discussed it when put on the spot by someone who asked what if it wasn't a girl and we then said yes we like Harry but other than that we ignored boys names haha xx
Posted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:30 pm 
Post subject:
Arhhhh I find it very interesting how you all unintentionally lent towards names appropriate to the sex of the baby before actually knowing what you r hving....
MummyFlint
Posted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:39 pm 
Post subject:
It makes me wonder.... other than general strong feelings if on some subconscious level we lean in favour to certain gender specific names due to our body n minds inner ability to recognise what we are having :s

It makes me wonder if im bin secretly hinted that im hving a girl thru my preference of name choices......
I dont feel I mind either way.... tho I hope im able to find the perfect name if I do hv a boy......

............ think im too impatient lol
nutty1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:43 pm 
Post subject:
Nope for me it was the total opposite, we had boys names chosen easily and I felt 99% sure in my gut that I was pregnant with a boy (normally my intuition is spot on) but scan revealed a girl at 20 weeks. We have managed to find 2 girls names we like and thats been a real struggle. I still wasnt even convinced after finding out the sex so we have been buying neutral things but I had a scan at 28 weeks and the consultant paused a shot of her girly bits and pointed everything out and said its definately a girl so now I have to accept it lol.
Posted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:47 pm 
Post subject:
Arhhhh dnt tel me that! Lol

I dont mind hving a boy but really feel strongly he will b nameless or worse jst b given any name for tbe sake of it. I wanna b totally in love wit his name like my other two n my hubby to like it too....

I never had this struggle b4 wit names....
abbie29
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:09 pm 
Post subject:
I was convinced both of mine were boys but we didn't find out what were having. We had boys and girls names early on when I had Isobel but when I was expecting Eden we had a boys name picked out but only chose a girls name a couple of weeks before she arrived!! X
Posted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:29 pm 
Post subject:
We had a surprise first time, didn't find out the sex but when talking names focused on girls, I loved Isabelle, Paul wanted Amber, hence her name was chosen! We kept talking though as I didn't want to officially name before meeting my baby but the second she was born and we were told girl there was no other option on our minds. We found out the sex with George but I really couldn't believe it and struggled so much with boy names even from the start. It was only the last few weeks we knuckled down and thought about names - I said our list to Isabelle and she kept saying George. Said again I didn't want to name before meeting but it really was my firm favourite and again the second I met him it was decided I still have a girl name if ever I have another! X Smile

MummyFlint
Posted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:49 pm 
Post subject:
So did you all refer to youre bump as he or she automatically and then found out yuou were right in doing so afterwards?
StaceyRD
Posted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:00 pm 
Post subject:
Deep down I always knew Isabelle was a girl - but that might have been because I really wanted one first! Shocked when they told me George was a boy x

DueInSpring
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:58 am 
Post subject:
I keep calling bump "she" even my friend who is convinced bump is a he has referred to bump as she twice now. Will find out in April next year. My intuition was right in my previous pregnancies. Normally cravings would eventually give me a little clue but at the moment I'm craving things from when I carried both my boys and my girls so totally confused Laughing xx
Posted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:56 am 
Post subject:
I didn't know with my first 3 and number one I had loads of boy names and virtually no girls and my sister pointed out I was buying quite boyish clothes too even though I thought I was going for neutral and that I kept saying 'he' or 'him' when I talked about him and I think I did have a gut instinct he was a boy, second time I was convinced she was a girl from the start got a dress at 6 weeks pregnant and only ever had one name picked for her, didn't even think it was worth discussing boys names Laughing
Third time I was convinced it was a boy, only picked boys names and was so convinced when the midwife said she was a girl at birth I argued with her about it Embarassed Laughing but strangely I never bought boys clothes and with hindsight the pram I picked was a slightly more girly pattern Confused so maybe part of me deep down knew what sex she was all along but after my first girl I just really wanted another boy as she was very hard work and I'd convinced myself boys were easier Question Laughing
With all of the others I had a strong feeling before my scan about their sex and was right and tended towards names that suited their sex.
So I do think you can get gut feelings that are right but I also think if you have even the slightest preference (even if you maybe don't consciously realise it yourself ) then it can throw those gut feelings off Smile
Plus there might be a more scientific reason Smile
As you actually will have tiny amounts male DNA circulating in your blood stream if you're carrying a boy from cleaning the baby's blood through the placenta they've even found evidence of this in women's brains decades after they had male children Shocked so some scientists think maybe our bodies subconsciously pick up on that and it helps us know our child's sex Question
With a female child you'd have the female DNA but we have that anyway so maybe our bodies don't always notice it as much and there's some evidence that in subsequent pregnancies some of these stored cells from previous children can migrate back through the body from the brain and even into the unborn baby Question
Which could be why some women get it wrong especially thinking a girl is a boy as the male DNA in their blood could confuse things Question
The cells do no harm and these even evidence to suggest they may be beneficial and may explain at least partly why humans have strong family bonds Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular