stretch marks!!

XXMrsSXX
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:49 pm 
Post subject: stretch marks!!
well. yesterday i didnt have any.... today i have loads over my stomach and top of thighs Sad Sad feeling a bit miffed off with it! i should be proud of them, but feeling abit self conscious Sad
Posted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:30 pm 
Post subject:
Oh MrsS its defiantly something most of us women dread! I've been coating myself in butter and oil 3 times a day to try and avoid them or at least minimize them abit and that's all we can do! I keep thinking what its took me to get where I am now and am worried about getting stretch marks! We should be proud of them but it doesn't stop us feeling conscious of them! People keep commenting on how 'really big' my bump is already which is annoying me abit Shocked because I feel as if am gonna be the size of a house by 40 weeks! and i'm very petite Embarassed Is your bump really big? have you tried the oils, creams ect? I know creams aren't miracle workers but at least we can say we tried! Love Jo xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

nutty1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:40 pm 
Post subject:
My stomach got absolutely covered in stretchmarks from my son, really thick deep ones too. Theyve really knocked my confidence over the years, so far I havent got any new ones but then Im not sure where they could appear as there isnt any free space lol, would probably be stretchmarks on stretchmarks. Laughing Im using palmers cocoa butter twice a day at the moment, not sure whether thats helping or not as I do believe that a lot of it does depend on skin type.
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:52 pm 
Post subject:
nutty1 wrote:
My stomach got absolutely covered in stretchmarks from my son, really thick deep ones too. Theyve really knocked my confidence over the years, so far I havent got any new ones but then Im not sure where they could appear as there isnt any free space lol, would probably be stretchmarks on stretchmarks. Laughing Im using palmers cocoa butter twice a day at the moment, not sure whether thats helping or not as I do believe that a lot of it does depend on skin type.

Yer defiantly nutty skin type and genetics! ' if your mum got them you'll get them ' My mum got a few with her first but none with me and her 3rd chances are nutty you probably won't get any new ones Smile Love Jo xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:08 pm 
Post subject:
I got most with my second Rolling Eyes only had a few tiny ones at the bottom of my stomach after my first and only got those when I went over due Shocked but got loads on my bum, boobs,thighs and stomach with my second Sad
I gained the same amount of weight with both but carried differently and had loads more water retention with my second which I don't think helped, never got any extras with subsequent pregnancies though Question
I did nothing to stop them with my first and used creams with my second and still got them so I don't think they really help and it probably is down to genetics to some extent Question
I think it's just one of those things you have to accept as a downside of pregnancy, I've never seen them as something to be proud of as such but I'm not self conscious about them either because almost all women get them, so if you go to any beach or swimming pool where there are people with children practically every woman there will have them and they do usually fade a lot after your pregnancy and become a lot less noticeable once the skin isn't as stretched Smile
There are some cosmetic surgery treatments that claim to help by replacing the damaged collagen to repair them or by increasing the melanin levels in them to even out the skin colour so they're less noticeable as normally when you tan stretch marks stay white (I know mine did when we went to Florida Rolling Eyes ) which annoyingly makes them stand out more, mine stay white even with the gradual self tan creams as well but I know some people say that it covers up theirs, so maybe that's an option for after the baby is here if you're self conscious about them Question xx
hayley2903
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:27 pm 
Post subject:
Ooh i know this! I have them all under my belly (well would have been under when it was a bump haha)
worst bit is though i got them going in the other direction on my thighs for losing the weight too quickly. Cant win! X
Posted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:12 pm 
Post subject:
i've been putting body butter on but havent been consistent so i suppose i havent done anything to prevent it... my mum have loads though. see how i go i suppose! lets hope they fade Smile xxx
Posted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:36 pm 
Post subject:
The ones on my belly don't look so bad now, nothing more than lines however the ones on my hips were pretty big and deep and can still be sore and my thighs look horrendous! A bit much in only 20 haha x
Posted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:00 pm 
Post subject:
Maternity Stripes!!

For every day that I was over due with Evie I got a new one on my tummy. I can still see these but I am back to pre pregnancy weight and they are slowly fading.

With Poppy as I had kidney failure I got them behind my knees of all places due to how much liquid I retained lol!

I think I am a bit weird, cos sometimes I like feeling the soft grooves of them on my tummy! lol!

xx

Alowicious
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:40 am 
Post subject:
I got them at 34 weeks last time all under my bump, but also my belly piercing split opn (ouch) and I ended up with one big scar just running up from the top hole of the piercing Sad Mine are not too bad really, You can't really see them over my knickers apart from the above belly button one but the fold/hang over I got from the section is what grosses me out. I know they are our tiger stripes and we earned them and should be proud of them but what I wouldn't give for a tummy tuck to rid my hang over lol!!
I knew I'd get them as my mum has bad ones all over her belly and a hang over too despite her 3 natural births.
Posted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:53 am 
Post subject:
I hate the section 'hang over' more than anything Alowicious Sad
I always had a flat stomach again after my normal births but after 3 sections mines really pronounced and the less I weigh the worse it looks and no amount of ab work gets rid off it Rolling Eyes on holiday in a bikini I wasn't bothered by the stretch marks but the weird lump I get from the over hang sickens me it's in such a bad place as well isn't Confused
I'd love a tummy tuck one day too to get rid of that Smile
The redness does fade out of stretch marks at least though so they do become a lot less visible Mrs S xx
nutty1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:45 am 
Post subject:
I absolutely hate my over hang to Nat, Ive tried absolutely everything over the past 13 yrs to get rid. I realised some time ago that only surgery is going to get rid of it for me, really has affected my confidence and sizing in clothes.
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:31 am 
Post subject:
I have to say after having Ava I hated them (Probably because she wasn't planned so I felt my body was stolen from me) however after emily I genuinely look my new ones in a different light. I actually love them.. I see them as a keepsake as sillyas that sounds. II'm not fussed what my body looks like any more as I always have clothes on anyway Laughing xx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular