Sterilisation Reversal, Mr De Silva, West Midlands Hospital

Jellytot77
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:30 pm 
Post subject: Sterilisation Reversal, Mr De Silva, West Midlands Hospital
Hi there, I am booked in to see Mr De Silva next month for my reversal. Is there anyone out there that has had there reversal done by him and any success stories? Very Happy
Stavzmissiz
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:51 pm 
Post subject: how did it go?
Smile Hey just wondered how it all went with your op and how you are now?
X
Jellytot77
Posted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:52 pm 
Post subject:
Hey Smile My op went well thank you, I was hoping it was keyhole but was open surgery and I was in a lot of pain for a while. I had clips applied but one clip had come away, he managed to save both my tubes though! Dye flushed through both and had stents in overnight. I am now nearly 6 weeks post op and very nearly back to my normal self. I've got my post op appt next week Mr De Silva advised not to ttc till then but we've already tried as it was my fertile week last week. I'm now 6 dpo and in the tww. I'm not getting my hopes up but it would be an amazing Xmas pressie for us especially my hubby as it will be his first fx!! ...Have you had a reversal or thinking of having one? Smile X
Stavzmissiz
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:29 pm 
Post subject:
Very Happy Hi have only just seen ur reply..Didnt come thru to my email???... anyway we're thinking of going with Mr De Silva as he's quite nearby, I had my tl done in 01 using Pomeroy technique and although I'm hoping things Will turn out good if not then at least I'll know we tried..FX. I've emailed them and we're waiting for contact back to book the consultation atm but as its been xmas everything is all over the place. I'm going to call them again tomorrow i think.
Jellytot77
Posted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:26 pm 
Post subject:
Hiya hun it's ok don't worry!! Have you managed to get an appt for your consultation? They don't have a waiting list so can see you pretty quickly Smile I wasn't lucky enough to get my bfp last month Sad guess I got my hopes up too much but I must keep positive as it's still early days.I'm back on my tww again 9dpo today and I'm determined not to test till af is due on 15th! We tried preseed this month as heard so many good reviews about it so thought why not give it a shot Smile FX for you Hun hope it all goes well for you!! Smile Xx
mellybelly
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:36 pm 
Post subject:
Hi ladies, any news on either of you, have a chance to have my sterilisation reversed after 4 c-sections.
i am really nervous, so any advice would be great.

Ps- Mr De Silva will also be doing my op Smile

X
louboutins
Posted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:25 pm 
Post subject:
I'm booked in to see doctor de silva next month. I'm so excited!!! Has anybody got pregnant yet that was reversed by him?
Jellytot77
Posted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:46 am 
Post subject:
Hi ladies sorry I don't come on here very much. Were on our 3rd month of ttc after my reversal I'm due af on valentines day of all days I'm so hoping this our month for our bfp! At first I thought I would conceive straight away now I've started to realise it's not so easy. You can get a little obsessed always googling things and constantly looking through the forums,sympton spotting constantly Poas and tracking my temp. Then when you don't get your bfp it's the biggest slap in the face it's heartbreaking Sad I tend to stress a little thinking why isn't it working and will I ever fall pregnant? It means so much and being my dh first it means so much more, but stressing alone can stop you from conceiving. so now I'm trying to relax not stress so much I've stopped my obsession with Poas and stopped charting my temp and just keep telling myself it will happen when the times right!

I was very happy with Mr De Silva and the care received and even more happier that the operation was a success! So although I haven't got my bfp yet there is still plenty of time as from what I've read it can take on average 6/8 months after a reversal to get pregnant maybe even longer! Even healthy couples can take longer to get there bfp so me personally am not losing hope yet! Must keep positive and if I haven't caught by end of the summer il be going back to Mr De Silva so he can do my HSG. Good luck ladies if you have any questions feel free to ask!! Very Happy Xx

Smile
louboutins
Posted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:27 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks jellytot for your reply. I'm sure it will happen for you. My brother in lawvand his wife tried for two years and they had no fertility problems. Keeping everything crossed for you. I have my consultation next month, but I'm not sure whether it is open surgery or keyhole? What did you have? I got sterilised 14 years ago when I was only 20!!! I feel it should have never been done but hey ho I requested it. I'm looking at booking the op for mid June when I have the money. I have 2 children of 18 and 14. I have been with my husband for 10 years and he has no biological children. I really hope it works. Any info you could give me about the op will be useful. I was sterilised with one filshie clip either side. If you don't mind me asking what did you have? Sorry for waffling but I'm so excited and have so many questions lol!! Xxx
Jellytot77
Posted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:42 pm 
Post subject:
Thank you Hun it's such an emotional roller coaster! :/

Your pretty similar to me, I was sterilised at 23 not by choice though had an abusive ex that forced me into it I was 23. I have 3 children 17, 16 and 14. I've been with dh for 11yrs and no children of his own although see my children as his own as he's bought them up with me. I had a clip either side, when he opened me up one clip had come away but it didn't cause any problems. It's open surgery and takes about 3 hrs. I only stopped in for one night. When you come around you will be on morphine and have a catheter in for a while. The operation itself was a success he saved both my tubes, dye flushed through both and he used stents which were removed from down below the day after this does not hurt! The care is brilliant and the menu although I couldn't eat as the morphine made me sick. I was in a lot a pain for quite a few weeks recovery is about 6-8 weeks. He said if don't get our bfp in 6/8 months to go back and have a hsg. Fingers crossed it doesn't come to that! I'm still very hopeful though as he said the last 2 women he had done before me have become pregnant!! Smile I advise to have some wind settlers ready as you suffer pretty bad after the op and may have problems goin to the loo as the medication can mess you around a bit. Also he uses dissolvable stitches I'm very impressed how neat and smooth my scar is I'm very happy just need my bfp now Smile Xxx
louboutins
Posted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:38 pm 
Post subject:
Thank you for all the info jellytot. How is it all going for you? Only 4 weeks to go until my consultation! All I think about these days are babies lol. I'm dreading the op. I was hoping you were going to say keyhole surgery, although I'm fine with open as long as it works!!! Not too keen on the stent things. Sounds painful. But then I'm a wimp lol. What happens at the consultation? Hope you don't mind the questions? I just want it all done and dusted now patience isn't my strong point!!! Xx
Jellytot77
Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:48 pm 
Post subject:
Hi ladies how are you all? I'm sorry I don't come on much as it was all getting a little stressful and every month I got af was so upsetting Sad

I thought I would pop on to say after Mr De Silva did my reversal in November I got my BFP today!!
I had a few weak positives hpt over the last couple of days and thought I'm going to buy a clearblue digi as af is due tomorrow. There it is confirmed pregnant 1-2 wks!!! I am in total shock ladies I was fearing the worst expecting another bfn. I know we weren't trying long but seemed a lifetime when you want something so badly! We are both over the moon my dh face was a picture bless him.

Mr De Silva is a legend in my eyes!!
Sending lots of baby dust keep positive ladies!! Xx
louboutins
Posted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:38 pm 
Post subject:
Wow congratulations so pleased for you!!! Dr de silva is lovely. I had my consultation last Friday and I have booked to have my op on 10th June. I cannot wait!!! I'm so glad I chose him. You will have to let him know that you are pregnant. He said that he hasn't had a lot of feed back from the ladies he had fixed and would like to know. Knowing that is has worked for you has given me much more hope as we are pretty similar! Congratulations again and have an amazing pregnancy xxxx
Jellytot77
Posted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:15 am 
Post subject:
Thank you so much Hun! Very Happy Mr De Silva is lovely isn't he I plan on getting him a thank you card which il send to the hospital to say a big thank you for what he's done to give us our miracle, he is amazing! I had planned on going back to him to do my Hsg in July but guess I don't need that now Very Happy

10th June will soon come around Hun it's not quick enough though is it when you just want it doin now lol and it is reassuring isn't it when you hear of positive outcomes by the same consultant, we are still in shock! In your head you want it to happen straight away but I just kept telling myself average is 6/8 month to catch so try not to worry! Must admit these forums and the internet do not help at all I had to have a break as you can get a bit too obsessed lol you just have to remain positive that it will happen at the right time! Very Happy

Thank you Hun! Wishing you lots of luck with your op, I shall pop back on now and then to update and see if you have any news! Next for me is the Drs tomorrow as I understand il need a scan at 6wks to make sure all is well. Eeeek that's only 2 wks away! Although I am a worrier must keep positive now all is going to be ok FX!! Take care Hun shall be thinking of you, Good luck again!! Very Happy Xxxxxx
louboutins
Posted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:14 pm 
Post subject:
Hi jellytot your positivity is infectious!! I cannot wait to have it done. The year is going so quickly I know June will be here before I know it. You are right when you say these forums are sometimes not helpful. It makes you wonder if it will ever happen. I come on here quite often to see if any of the other ladies have got pregnant, your heart really goes out to them. Fingers crossed for everybody xx
Mr de silva will love it if you send him a card! Would be great if you keep us all updated on your pregnancy it's nice to read good news. I'm sure your scan will go well just try to relax, probably easier said than done!!! I will keep popping on now and then and I will keep you up to date with my progress. Good luck to you and will chat soon. My name is Evie xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> IVF & Sterilisation Reversal All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular