Newbie..hoping to get reversed soon !!!!

Charleenmarleen
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:06 pm 
Post subject: Newbie..hoping to get reversed soon !!!!
Hi ladies, my names charleen, I was sterilised at 29 years old approx 7 years ago, I was in a unhappy marriage and quite a bad place it wasn't long before I had regrets but as I had 4 children wasn't an issue. A few years later I got divorced and later on met my wonderful DB who I've now been with for 4 years and have been living together since last April, with all 4 of my children who he adores.
We decided before Christmas as much as he loves my children it would be nice for him to have one of his own so last week we saw a private consultant. He explained the pros and cons and suggested IVF be a better option, but tbh I'd had my heart set on an op from early on, he explained all the risks ect but I know its the op I want,
We're currently having the usual tests to check were both still fertile and when we go back in April depending on the tests coming bk ok hoping to get a date confirmed for an op. I'm excited / nervous emotional, hoping to hear so good outcomes and get some support on this board.

Thanks in advance

Charl xx
Jillybeanz2011
Posted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:11 pm 
Post subject:
I had my reversal 2 years ago and have had 4 early miscarriages since then 😞 if I was you I would go for the ivf.. The Fallopian tubes are so delicate and success rate is not good for reversal.... But that's my opinion, I just wish I had of chosen IVF instead of reversal x
Jellytot1977
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:03 am 
Post subject:
Hi Charleen, I had my reversal in November 2013 and mine was a success I'm lucky to say. I was also advised Ivf over reversal but I had my heart set on reversal and just wanted to be put back together again as my ex forced me to get sterilised. I was sterilised 12 yrs ago was a big risk but thankfully it all worked out for me. I was sterilised with clips although they could only find one still attached but managed to save both my tubes. It took me 4 months to conceive I had an early miscarriage though broke our hearts but carried on. Went away for the weekend the following month and I caught pregnant again. I gave birth to our little miracle last Wednesday!

Your doing the right thing getting your tests done before the op as you will know for sure it's worth a shot having the op, the last thing you want is having the op then finding out afterwards if either of you have fertility problems.

Mr De Silva at Ramsey Health Care West Midlands Hospital did mine and have to say he has the hands of a genius in my case. There is also another lady who occasionally pops on this board who just recently had the op done by Mr De Silva as well and she has just had a positive test too!

If you have any questions feel free to ask and I hope everything works out for you!! Xx
Charleenmarleen
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:04 pm 
Post subject:
Thank ladies, I also have my heart set on the op, fingers crossed all tests come by ok and I can my op booked,
I'm goin in with an open mind and I've always got the Ivf option to fall back on if I need it.
I've got lots of questions lol

1. What was the recovery like?
2. How has your scar healed.
3. How long till you started ttc?
4. Did you have a natural birth with your miracle?
5. Do you need an early scan if you get a bfp ( cause the risk of eptopic)

I'm probably jumping ahead of myself but ...

Thanks
Charl xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> IVF & Sterilisation Reversal All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular