Sterilisation reversal op 16th sept 2014

Kaz40
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:36 pm 
Post subject: Sterilisation reversal op 16th sept 2014
Hi all

I'm having the above op in five wks time with clive pickles at Nottingham. Just looking for some info from anyone who has had this op and whether successful or not. I'm 40 hubby is 38 both fertile and I was sterilised with clips in 2002.
Would love to hear from anyone who has had this done Smile
lisab36
Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:46 pm 
Post subject:
Firstly good luck and lots of baby dust.

I had my reversal done September last year with Mr Pickles, he is lovely. Unfortunately for me I have now found out through a hsg both tubes are blocked, the better news is I am going back to Mr Pickles at the end of September for a lap, die and cannulisation to see if he can open my tubes and remove any adhesions.

Mr Pickles and his team do a wonderful job and although I dont have a bfp yet, I would still recommend him. His after care has been good too, always answering any questions and of course doing my second op at the end of September. I know this may not be the perfect reply, but when I was in your position I wanted all stories and just honesty xx
Kaz40
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:19 pm 
Post subject: Sterilisation reversal op
Thank you for your reply Smile

Sorry to hear your having to go back in but fingers crossed all will be well this time Smile
thank you for your honesty. was difficult to decide whether reversal or ivf was best but felt this was the way forward and just hope and pray it works. Good luck in September. Let me know how u get on x
JakesMommy
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:45 pm 
Post subject:
Hi and welcome to ask baby I'm Anna had my reversal in 2008 they was only able to save one tube and that's a tiny 3cm norm is 14,. I was told chances of working we're slim in 2010 I fell pregnant :

When my son was 9mths we started trying again and fell pregnant but sadly lost our baby .
I did not want to be trying again for so long due to age ect 36 so opted to have IVF we was very lucky and fell pregnant 1st time Very Happy we do have a frozen embryo which plan on using soon

If I'm completely honest I found the IVF much easier and wished I'd opted for that 1st

Good luck Hun
Posted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:45 am 
Post subject:
Hi Ladies I had my reversal with Mr Pickles in June 2013 unfortunately no BFP but then went in to Clive again for HSG and dye test all clear and a year later in June 14 the tubes were healed lovely he said. He managed to save 4cm on one side and 6cm on the other. I was sterilised in 2003 and was burnt and cauterised and buried so he had a job to save them but he did. Unfortunately for us it turns our after trying Clomid that DH has a very bad sperm count motility and morphology and my AMH is very low, so we are now exploring ICSI after spending 11k sterling with Clive! Love to all this sure is a roller coaster
lisab36
Posted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:45 am 
Post subject:
Hi Kaz40, good luck for ur op in a couple of days hunny. Let us know how you get on xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> IVF & Sterilisation Reversal All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular