Low hcg level. What actually happened?

Polkadotty
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:48 pm 
Post subject: Low hcg level. What actually happened?
Just had my first round of icsi everything was perfect no problems with egg collection and transfer. We had a perfect blastocyst transferred on day 5. We had 9 days to wait for our first blood test to see if I was pregnant. 7 days after transfer I started to get brown spotting and was devastated knew it was going to be my af. Got my blood test in day 9 and was spotting and my hcg level came bk at only 10. Got to go back for another test in a weeks time. I know it's not going to be raised cos still got af but just confused as to what may have happened. If anyone has any ideas or similar experience would be much appreciated.
Thanks
fc79
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:58 pm 
Post subject:
Hi, sorry to hear this.
I think you probably had what they call a chemical pregnancy. This is where the embryo implants and starts to produce hcg, then doesn't develop any further. Apparently this is very common but if you haven't had fertility treatment must people would never know they were ever pregnant as they wouldn't have tested that early.

The good side is that your embryo implanted, so hopefully this one just wasn't meant to be and your next try will be a success.

Do you have any frozen embryos you can use?
Polkadotty
Posted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:05 pm 
Post subject:
I thought it may have been that but wasn't sure. I'm getting a repeat test next Monday so all the hcg will probably be out of my system by then. There isn't any answers as to why this happens is there? Maybe a genetic problem with the embryo?
Yeah I've got two frozen that was grown to 6 days so will be discussing our treatment with very soon hopefully.
Thanks for your help.
nutty1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:04 pm 
Post subject:
I think chemical pregnancies are far more common than people realise unfortunately Polkadotty Sad How much are you bleeding?
Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:12 pm 
Post subject:
i didn't know that. I bled for 3 days and spotted for 2 days before that. I haven't been told that is what I had yet but just assuming from all the advice on here and from other places I've read and seems that's what has happened just totally gutted and scared. I hope my clinic can tell me more on Monday and so we can start a fresh.
nutty1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:40 pm 
Post subject:
Was it a lot of bleeding? With the cycle that we had success I had brown spotting and bleeding for weeks and everything turned out okay. Have you tried doing a pregnancy test since bleeding? If not I would try one.
Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 5:11 pm 
Post subject:
I haven't no cos felt like a normal cycle and period except I wouldn't of spotted as long as I did and the cycle was quite short think it was 27 days as the spotting started on day 13 from my egg collection. My cycles normally last 30-32 days. Didn't want anymore disappointment as kind of knew I wouldnt get a positive.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> IVF & Sterilisation Reversal All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular