Methotrexate???

Ems2
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:31 pm 
Post subject: Methotrexate???
I am 7 weeks and have had bleeding and pain to right side for a few days. Dr confirmed an ectopic today after scans and blood tests. They have recommended I have Methotrexate tomorrow but after reading up on it an scared as people seem to have really horrible side effects (not to mention not being able to ttc again for at least 3 mths!) Has anyone had Methotrexate? Is it as bad I it sounds?
nutty1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:04 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Ems sorry youre going through this, Ive suffered an ectopic myself. Unfortunately for me treatment was to late and my ectopic ruptured and I lost my tube, I have no experience of the drug treatment but I know 100% I would have rather had that any day of the week and wait 3 months to try and still have my tube than end up losing a tube altogether like I did. I guess this reply is a little late now and hopefully youve gone for the methotrexate . Best of luck to you (in the circumstances) x
Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:26 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Nutty1 thank-you for your reply its not to late as it happens they rescanned me today and have said I can have another hcg test tomorrow 1st before making the decision and the pain is not getting any worse. My levels were low and only rising very slightly so if they start to drop they are gonna let me go for conservative management and monitor me regularly to see if it drops itself. I have decided to go for the drug though if its still rising its not worth taking the risk.
nutty1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:44 pm 
Post subject:
When I was in hospital my levels dropped by over half in 48 hrs so they sent me home and said I was probably having a miscarriage then the next day I ended up in emergency surgery. I think youre definately doing the right thing going for the drug treatment like you say its just not worth the risk. The day before my rupture the pain had actually subsided so time is of the esscence, it really bugs me how the nhs deal with ectopics a lot of the time they dont act quick enough.
Newcomer
Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:10 pm 
Post subject:
Hey hun sorry to hear .. I had the methotrexate injection ... they advise you not to have unprotected sex as if you do become pregnant it can lead to complications ..
My levels had risen and then stopped rising they made the decision to inject as surgery wasnt a good idea at the time
.if you need anymore advice please talk to someone ok dont sit n stew ... I did andd it nearly cost me marriage please dknt suffer in silence ...
letty1981
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:46 pm 
Post subject:
Please someone resopned....6months ago I had the methotrexate shot due to my ectopic pregnancy it worked and now im 10days late all test that were given to me have no sign of pregnancy I do feel a bit of tingling in my lower abdominal and tend to get minor cramps on my left tube were was my ectopic and also my rightside which is healthy...ive been restless I havew been moody and going to the rest room a lot I feel that I am but im so scared that it may be another ectopic someone please read I need opinions
nutty1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:14 am 
Post subject:
If youve had a previous ectopic its essential you find out early if you are pregnant again so that early scans can be booked etc... I know its scary but putting off testing isnt going to take the risk away.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular