scared

mrsLA
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:31 pm 
Post subject: scared
Hey everyone got rushed in to theatre 2 days ago due to an eptopic and burst fallopian tubes had it all done through keyhole surgery abdomen was full of blood so had to be drained and washed out. How long did it take others to recover and is it normal to bleed vaginally abit too xx[/url]
lysianassa
Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:39 pm 
Post subject:
Oh sweetie I'm really sorry. Sad I knew you were pregnant but didn't think it would end up this way.

The bleeding vaginally is very normal, mine lasted no more than a week if I remember. It took a week for the air/pain in my shoulder to go and I don't know how you;re finding it but I found I couldn't sleep flat on my back - I spent night sleeping upright on the sofa with my head and neck cushioned. Worst of all was Sebastian was 5 months old and I found I couldn't hold him at all. Crying or Very sad

Have you got any follow-up appointments at all? They should monitor you but my hospital didn't. If you do consider ttc again then give your body at least 1 cycle to recover, but emotionally it takes far far longer. I found I was bursting into tears one minute then screaming at my husband, but found an outlet for my emotions through writing and then coming on here. Talk to your partner as its likely that he's just as devastated as you are.

Try to rest as much as you can and grieve because if you keep it all in then it makes the healing process much worse. Its been just over a year since my surgery and I'm glad I took the time to properly grieve. Its not a pleasant experience and I'm really sorry you've had to experience it too.

If you ever need anything just let me know, I'm always here

Hugs.

mrsLA
Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:51 pm 
Post subject:
Hey chick thanks for the reply they said i must have been about a month further along than i thought too. And i have a 5 month old to n its very upsetting to not be able to cuddle her n look after her properly lukily ime and hubby staying with my mother in law as she has sometime off work which is a very big help

Ur right trying to be brave at the moment and deal with it physically first before i even start too emotionally talking to you know is starting to upset me. Cried a few times too.

No not been given a follow up was only in hospital one night too.

Just scared of my stiches at mo gonna attempt a bath later but so worried
Xx
lysianassa
Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:07 pm 
Post subject:
I wouldn't have the bath water too hot because they can irritate the stitches a little.

Its much easier to deal with the physical side of things first then deal with the emotional side. I had my surgery on the Sunday but it wasn't until the Thursday that I started snapping, shouting and screaming at everyone around me. I shouted at my husband who I thought didn't care about the pain I was going through, both physically and mentally, and I was rude in front of my mum's boss which she called me out on and I walked away from home and went home alone.

Crying helps, it gets the pain out front and doesn't get buried inside. Personally I found that if it stays locked inside it festers and hurts even more when it finally comes ouut.

I really don't want to upset you, go through whatever helps YOU in this dark time. But I promise you, it doesn't get easier.

Big hugs.

mrsLA
Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:18 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks keep getting upset but talking to the hubby helps. So nice to talk to someone thats been through the same it really is x
Banoffee
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:31 pm 
Post subject:
Aww Hun I was actually concerned reading your posts about BFP and bleeding.

I have no words as I've never experienced this but I hope you are as well as can be. I also hope your recovery physically and mentally is not too painful.

Take care
Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:59 am 
Post subject:
Thanks for your support xx
Angelcake71
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:37 pm 
Post subject:
Sad Aww so sorry to read this hunni..
I had an ectopic in 2010 and lost my right tube so I know how you are feeling..
you need to give yourself time sweetie.. and dont think.. this is it..
after the ep I got pregnant twice..but did m/c both times Sad so am not ttc now..
be kind to yourself and keep talking to your OH xxx
Angel Baby due 21/6/2012 (m/c)
All 3 much loved and wanted xx
mrsLA
Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:31 pm 
Post subject:
Did any of you have pain in your hips and chest after the op. Thx for the advice x
Angelcake71
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:55 pm 
Post subject:
no hun.. just shoulder pain from the trapped wind caused by the surgery.. and pain in my right side too.. the chest pain could be from trapped wind?? it doesnt always affect the shoulder.. try windeze capsules to relieve.. is the hip pain the same side as the op? xx
Angel Baby due 21/6/2012 (m/c)
All 3 much loved and wanted xx
mrsLA
Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:13 pm 
Post subject:
Seems to have gone now :-\ but even when i had the pain before the op it was the opposite side :-\.. i know id love another baby but im so scared. Emotionally ivebbeen upset a few times but i think the chest pains are anxiety just dont no what to do :-\ xx
nutty1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:48 am 
Post subject:
So sorry for your loss, I know exactly how you are feeling I had an ectopic that ruptured too, they found quite a bit of blood in my stomach as well. When I was being examined before surgery the doctor did say that the pain can present itself on the opposite side to where the ectopic actually is so thats nothing unusual. I did bleed for a bit after surgery but it was nothing like a normal period and I think it was 5-6 weeks before I got my next normal period. Keep an eye on your stitches, I was told mine were dissolvable but in fact they werent and I had to end up going to the doctors and getting them removed.
As for trying again I had a normal period after the surgery and then we started trying again, my doctor told me there was no need to wait 3 months like they suggest on some websites etc.
Just take one day at a time and it gets better every day. x
Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:01 am 
Post subject:
if im honest at the moment I don't feel to emotional I think its because since I found out I was pregnant I was convinced something was wrong just wish I would have pushed for a scan or something but all my symptoms could have just been a normal pregnancy I have a low bmi but would love another I know my hubby wants me to get better first and put a little more weight on but I only want to children anyway and I have a feeling that if I was to keep waiting and waiting ill just be more and more scared and keep putting it off xxx
nutty1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:09 am 
Post subject:
I know what you mean, I wasnt emotional either. I knew in my gut something wasnt right from the start so never built by hopes up of being pregnant and having a baby. Just concentrate on getting better and youll know when you want to go again, I think about 3 weeks after surgery when I was recovered physically I was desperate to try again but o/h said no lol
Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:04 pm 
Post subject:
did you have another after your ectopic then or? and did anyone else? and what is the quality of care like when you get pregnant again xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Ectopic Pregnancy and TTC All times are GMT
Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular