crazy ithchy rash

famiah
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:24 pm 
Post subject: crazy ithchy rash
Hi
Just want to ask if anyone had evr had a rash during pregnancy. Friday night i came out with a rash on my thigh and bum with little spots everywhere that itch like crazy specialy at night. Its now spread everywer but my face bump and hands and feet. Im 17 weeks and a bit worried. Never had any problems in my last pregnancy.

I went ti GP but they dony know what it is. I dont have an allergy to anything eithet. Had a blood test done yesterday to check liver but its still 3-5 days till results.

Itch is driving me mad. The piriton tablets preacribed arent doing much yet
Posted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:27 am 
Post subject:
I did while in hospital for 6 weeks,loads of tiny little lumps mostly on my legs and bum and it was very itchy and unbearable if I got hot, I would wake up scratching it and making it bleed Shocked they finally pinned it down to the fact they starched the sheets in there Rolling Eyes and said you can have reactions to things that have never bothered you before while pregnant because your immune system naturally lowers .
They got me some non starched sheets and some calamine lotion and I kept it cool and really tried not to scratch and it did clear up in the end .
My sister also got contact dermatitis every time she was pregnant from using washing up liquid she used without problems while not pregnant Question

So maybe its something as simple as your washing powder or softener even if it's never bothered you before Question Or a moisturiser or shower gel even Question
Maybe try some hypo allergenic brands and see if it helps, I feel for you though as it's hard enough to sleep when pregnant anyway without stupid itchy rashes xx
Alowicious
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:46 am 
Post subject:
You can get some emollient oils that you put in your bath and that really helps to stop your skin from itching. They do ones for babies and I used to use it for myself when pregnant as was itchy a lot but it wasn't that condition that pg women get, it literally was dry skin I think. Try the emollient bath stuff and the camomile lotion until you get the results. Hope it goes soon for you.
Posted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:37 pm 
Post subject: Re: crazy ithchy rash
famiah wrote:

I went ti GP but they dony know what it is. I dont have an allergy to anything eithet. Had a blood test done yesterday to check liver but its still 3-5 days till results.

I was going to suggest this if it wasn't already happening. I had a pregnancy rash from the tops of my thighs up to my neck line - had antihistamines & mild steroid cream, and lots of hugs from OH as I cried from it. It reduced after about 3 months Sad I was monitored at the hospital for it (I had 'bad' bloods the whole way though but my liver was fine) and as they couldn't find a definite cause was given a dermo appt - which was to be 1 day before my due date but ended up being 5 weeks after I gave birth so cancelled it lol! Interestingly my liver did malfunction after I gave birth so I do wonder if for me it was a sign of what was going to happen.

FX you get some answers and are relived of the discomfort (to put it mildly) that it brings.

xx

famiah
Posted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:35 am 
Post subject:
Thanks for teh reply, Sorry to get back so late.

I did get my blood results back 3 weeks later. They didnt find anything but hugh cholestrol Surprised

My rash has gone, but i still do get very itchy especially legs and feet. i will try some of the camomile lotion.

Thank you for your advice.

Jump to:  

Community

Popular