using carrycot as moses basket..

nds
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:53 am 
Post subject: using carrycot as moses basket..
we are going to be using the carrycot from our pram for baby to sleep in at first as our cot doesn't fit in our bedroom. was just wondering what bedding i have to use with it? also, after looking online lots of people saying 'with mattress'. does it not already have a mattress? or will i need a new/different one? thanks.
Posted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:17 am 
Post subject:
Depends on the carrycot Question , some are designed for sleeping in and will have a proper mattress that's suitable with them and some are just meant for short term use and not really for overnight sleeping, it should say on the manufacturers website or whoever you're buying it off might know . I had to use a carry cot at first with my second for the same reason as you and I used special pram sheets and blankets they're about the same size as the ones for a moses basket xx
nds
Posted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:22 am 
Post subject:
it's a quinny dreami carrycot for the quinny buzz travel system, can't see anything on manual xx
Posted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:29 am 
Post subject:
Just had a quick look in some other online shops and they all say mattress included and from the size stated pram or moses basket sheets should fit, you can get flat sheets as well in the right size xx
nutty1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:41 am 
Post subject:
Our pram has a carry cot bit with mattress so we're going to let her sleep in that in the day and we have a swinging crib in our bedroom.
Posted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:30 pm 
Post subject:
read on the quinny website it's not suitable so felt uneasy and would rather be safe than sorry! luckily mama's and papa's have a sale on so have just bought a nice moses basket from there, thanks for the replies xxx
Posted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:44 am 
Post subject:
I used our pram cot for a day bed (Bugaboo) and I bought a co-sleeper cot which fits to the side of the bed (quite small) for night sleeps. I didn't want a moses basket because I was worried one of our three cats would knock it over when they were play fighting or get in and sleep with the baby.
Posted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:45 pm 
Post subject:
bit if a late, and pointless response now that you have sorted your situation out, but we used our carry cot for Poppy's basket. She stayed in it until 7 months as she was so small and was ideal for us as she slept so much in the early weeks

xx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular