Finances

newbump1
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:16 am 
Post subject: Finances
I am now on maternity leave and will only be receiving £65 a week. My partner who i have financualy supported whilst he was out of work for a year now has a new job where he brinhgs home £300 plus a week has anounced he wants me to pay half of all bills etc. Any advice on what i can do. Im fighting depression and am extremely stressed we are arguing constantly.
nutty1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:11 am 
Post subject:
How can you be expected to pay half the bills on £65 a week? Being completely honest he sounds like he is being a right prick!
Posted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:23 pm 
Post subject:
Welcome to askbaby, sorry you're having a rough time when you should be enjoying maternity leave! Does he know how much exactly you get? Have you talked through it all? If he expects you to pay so much I'd expect him to pay you a wage! He does sound very unreasonable, especially as you supported him for a year. I really hope things improve for you soon x

EmzandFlick
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:53 pm 
Post subject:
Sounds like he is a tool! He is being totally unfair. When I had Flick I was jobless for a year and my hubby supported us. Now I am working he doesn't demand any money. I am earning more than you too. Think you need to sit down and talk about it xxx
Sorry if I sound harsh xx

hayley2903
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:43 pm 
Post subject:
I agree with the other ladies!!
Plus i'd definitely list the things you do around the house, including future childcare and let him know how much you'll be expecting Wink xx

Jump to:  

Community

Popular