Recipies

Zaarambar
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:10 am 
Post subject: Recipies
Hi,
does anyone has good vegetarian recipies for a one year old child? Preferably indian. He had his first curry (well, he stole from my plate). He is used to a lot of spices and garlic (through breast milk and his own food).
And another big thing and thats where Im lacking ideas. He is egg intolerant. Thanks!

sophie2008
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:40 pm 
Post subject:
One recipe that i used to make when i worked...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Khichri (moong dal)

You will require 4 tablespoons of rice and 2 tablespoons of dehusked moong dal. Prepare khichri by cooking rice and dal together. Once khichri is cooked, you can add 2 teaspoons of ghee, butter or cooking oil to the final preparation. You can also add vegetables like carrots or spinach to the khichri and then mash the mixture. If you want to add spinach, first boil, mash and strain it, and then add this puree to the khichri and stir it. Cool the khichri and serve lukewarm.

When the baby is still young, you should mash the entire mixture in a blender so that it is easy for the baby to swallow. You can gradually increase the consistency to a semi-solid state so that the child's palate starts getting used to regular foods.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Other recipes can be found on :

http://www.indiaparenting.com/diet/data/diet16_04.shtml
Posted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:10 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks Sophie! Ill have a go with that recipe. Just browsing your link Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> One Year to Five Years All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular