to soon??

Raspich
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:51 pm 
Post subject:
My daughter is a good sleeper at night, HOWEVER if she has more than a few hours during the day or a sleep too late in the afternoon (after 2pm), she will then refuse to go to bed until 10, 11pm!

Could it be he needs less sleep during the day. I tried CC with my daughter but lasted 1 night as she screamed until she was hysterical and still didnt go to sleep! Laughing MADAM!

I also tried the pick up, put down technique which is what a I sort of do now, though not particularly religiously.

I also found she went through a stage of being really hungry and not going to sleep until she'd had a snack at about 9 months.

I was broody from the second I'd given birth, my husband is particularly sensible and refuses to consider any more until we've moved into a bigger house. I would not do anything until you're sure, at the same time it has to be completely your decision, nobody can tell you when the right time is! Very Happy
Posted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:04 am 
Post subject:
Have you considered putting him in his own room? Jamie didn't sleep through until he was a year and putting him in his own room made a massive difference. I didn't do cc but did rub his back rather than picking him up and then did gradual retreat

ELP1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:11 am 
Post subject:
Thans for all ypur replies. He naps a lot in the day if he didnt sleep well the night beforr. I have found if he has caught up on his sleep he sleeps better at night so the morr naps the better for us. His cot bed mattress has arrived so transfering him from his cot in our room to a cot bed in his own room.

P.s. Its to late to wait. I found out last week i .pg. An accident and my own fault for starting my pill over a week late as i forgot to take it on holiday with us!! Very scared and nervous but it is slowly sinking in xx

RachN3Babies
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:29 am 
Post subject:
my little boys are only 16 months apart and i found them easier to cope with than them at 3 and 4 with alice this time... xx
Posted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:54 am 
Post subject:
Congratulations! It can be exhausting around teething etc but it's doable. My 4 are all 6 and under so I've had a busy few years Laughing

RachN3Babies
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:01 am 
Post subject:
i forgot to say congratulations.. sorry! massive congratulations hun x
Posted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:15 pm 
Post subject:
Omg, massive congratulations xx

Beckylouisexx
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:17 am 
Post subject:
Congrats to you Smile xx

zachariahelijahmalakaimum
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:02 am 
Post subject:
congrats hun, i cant say anything about having close babies the two i got are 15 months apart and the new baby is only going to be 13 months apart frm my second Laughing Laughing

Raspich
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:13 pm 
Post subject:
Congratulations Very Happy
Posted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:18 pm 
Post subject:
I would just add, everyone and their dog will tell you to do controlled crying as though its the only solution. Please don't feel that it is, or that you can't address sleep problems without it. I felt very strongly against it and Elizabeth pantleys book no cry sleep solution was really very helpful. Many people don't agree with how we solved out sons awful sleep, we sold his bed when he turned one, bought an extra mattress for my husband and eli and i coslept for over a year.
For us it was an ideal solution, we all got a great nights sleep without compromising on the way we wanted to parent. Though we were constantly told this would be harmful, our son has happily gone into his own bed and room (happily like totally argument free) before he turned three.
I know it isn't a solution for everyone but wanted to highlight that alternatives work for different people x

libertytmk
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:22 pm 
Post subject:
I agree. We didn't do cc and I don't think it would have worked anyway because he is so stubborn. There are lots of different methods out there. With Jamie it just suddenly seemed to click.

Congratulations

ELP1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:38 am 
Post subject:
Thanks girls. I am.not keen on cc. He is suddenly doing a bit better. The last 3 nights he has slept 10hours with only obe night feed (at around 5/6am) and 1 or 2 dummy runs i know it prob wont last but its a start!! I started feeding him in his cot and he goes straight bk off after he has finished. He is also a very stubborn strong minded baby so if i did cc i know it would take a long time and i just cant do it xx

EmzandFlick
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:01 pm 
Post subject:
Congratulations xxxx

Claire89x
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:54 pm 
Post subject:
Congratulations x

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to:  

Community

Popular