Dummy's??

Beckylouisexx
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:01 pm 
Post subject: Dummy's??
Hi ladies, My ds is nearly 14 months old & has a dummy every time he has a nap & goes to bed at night. We really want to start thinking about getting rid of it as we don't want him relying on it to go to sleep with anymore & want him to start being independent from it.

What age did you get rid of your child's dummy & how did ya go about doing it?

I was thinking of stopping it at nap time 1st & then when we have got there then tackle bed time? We are moving the middle of sept so was thinking of waiting until we have moved so he can settle into the new house then do it?? Am not sure how to go about it ...xx

mand136
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:31 pm 
Post subject:
We got rid of Mia's when she was 6 months old,purely because she woke so many times at night when it fell out of her mouth,i did a bit of googling (ok a lot of googling Laughing ) and decided to go with the cold turkey approach so it didn't confuse her being allowed it at naps but not at bedtime,have to say it took 1 night!! that one night was hell but so worth it.I would say wait until the move though as everything is going to be a little bit strange to him when you move and if the dummy is a comfort then he might need it xx
Posted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:48 pm 
Post subject:
I was lucky as my son only needed his at nap times in the day and not at bedtime.

I recommend just taking it away in the day at first and then eventually take it away at night. If possible wait till you have moved to give you all chance to settle without added stress. My sisters waited until aged 2 and got them
to put them in the bin and went cold turkey!
Posted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:05 am 
Post subject:
I think its a really good idea to go cold turkey and involve him in removing them such as "leaving them behind" when you move for a new baby moving into your old house or something xx

Jump to:  

Community

Popular