Expenses?

Amymel86
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:01 am 
Post subject: Expenses?
Hi Ladies

I’m a bit of a spreadsheet nut and am currently trying to sort out my budget for while I’m on maternity leave. I was wondering how much everyone spends per month on baby essentials like nappies/wipes/powered milk?

I’m going to try to breast feed but this being my first child, I don’t know how I’ll get on with it – would be nice to tick that off of the list of expenses though Smile
Posted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:10 pm 
Post subject:
Hmmm...

nappies = 6 x day = 180 = 4 pack @ £3 (aldi's own) = £12
(Formula = 3 month @ £9.50 (top of the range / rounded up) = £28.50
Bottles and sterilising outlay one off = roughly £50)

wipes = packet / week @ £1 (aldi again) = £4
Biscuits for guests = £4 / week = £16 (OK, they were just for my OH, but they got eaten!)
Birth announcement cards costs + postage = (guessing) £25 (the second month will by the thank you cards! lol)
Breast pads = £5
Photograph developments £25
Sanitary wear £8
Clothes / cute outfits £20 ( I am cheap and get given loads of second hands from my sister's daughter)

Then there is just 'stuff' that you see / think you need!!I would suggest bulk buying everything when they are cheap, like wipes, nappies etc and anything you can get as a hand me down will save lots too (like bedding, clothes, etc)

xx

xxHeathxx
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:25 pm 
Post subject:
We're also using Aldi nappies and using about one pack per week. Agree about £1 a week on wipes. Have been breastfeeding and started to give one bottle of formula a night for about a month. We're still on their first tub of formula but a friend I asked before she was born said about one tub a week ~£10. It's the clothes that have shocked me. Although we were given loads, we're finding we are wanting more now the weather is getting cooler. We are sticking to supermarkets but they are still adding up. Think we need to start setting a monthly clothes allowance but not sure how much,

xx

xxHeathxx
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:26 pm 
Post subject:
We're also using Aldi nappies and using about one pack per week. Agree about £1 a week on wipes. Have been breastfeeding and started to give one bottle of formula a night for about a month. We're still on their first tub of formula but a friend I asked before she was born said about one tub a week ~£10. It's the clothes that have shocked me. Although we were given loads, we're finding we are wanting more now the weather is getting cooler. We are sticking to supermarkets but they are still adding up. Think we need to start setting a monthly clothes allowance but not sure how much,

xx

Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular