15 Month Old Won't Drink Milk or Formula

BiBiKayKay
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:39 pm 
Post subject: 15 Month Old Won't Drink Milk or Formula
Hi Everyone...... I am new to the group,so please excuse me if this queston has already been asked. I am trying to wean my 15 month old daughter off breast milk and for a while we were doing OK. She would go all day without breast milk and only have it at night and early morning. She was doing well with her formula (mixed with cereal), until just recently. In the last month she refuses to drink any milk products (including formula) and she wants breast milk all day long. She is eating solids but even that is a challenge as she is a very picky eater. Where did I go wrong? She is my first child and already I am I feeling like a failure as a new Mom. Has anyone else ever experienced this ???
steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:08 am 
Post subject:
Does she have anything else to drink, juice or water? Have you tried different things with the milk, milkshake, hot chocolate, horlicks?

My daughter wont drink cold milk, but when she has cereals she will happily drink the milk out of the bowl!

I wouldnt mix formula with cereal, far too expensive, at 15 months cows milk is fine. Also as long as she is having other dairy products, cheese, yoghurts it should be fine.

BiBiKayKay
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:51 pm 
Post subject:
Yes, she drinks water very well and sometimes diluted juice. I tried many things with the milk but none worked. She will take one sip, realize what it is, and then proceed to play with it and it ends up all over the floor.

I will try giving her with the cereal. That is one thing I haven't tried yet.

Yes, she eats cheese sometimes and she loves yogourt. I use the 9% plain greek yogourt.
hayley2903
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:08 am 
Post subject:
I wouldn't worry, my little girl went off milk at 9 months and hasn't had a drop since, she refuses!
Alot of my friends little girls are like this, maybe its a girl thing!
I spoke to my health visitor and she suggested i up Lolas intake of cheese, yoghurt, and make sure her diet is balanced.
One thing i did find though is she began to get a different virus every week (literally) and at one point we almost lost her in hospital so i definitely recommend giving your daughter some vitamin drops in her water or juice! Not had so much as a cough since Smile
xx

Jump to:  

Community

Popular