sleepless nights while pregnant

vamps39
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:14 pm 
Post subject: sleepless nights while pregnant
hi all. I'm 18 weeks pregnant with my 4th child and have been having difficulty with sleeping due to my hips hurting during the night. I am big for 18 weeks (look more like 8 months) and my hips just cane due to prob lying on them. I have prenancy pillows etc but nothing i do seems to work. Do any of u ladies have any tips? Many thanks. L
MrsOz
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:03 pm 
Post subject:
try hot water bottles? Also ask if you can be assessed for SPD. Although baby 'size' doesn't help it shouldn't mean that you are in pain. It is a physio that assesses and diagnoses it and they may be able to give you tips and a belt to help support.

I got SPD at 19 weeks, and was on crutches by 26 weeks as I got just so bad. Also, give yourself time to get up - I know it prob isn't easy with having 3 children already, but by getting up slowly, keeping your knees together as much as possible you may put your hips on less strain.

xx

Bobski1980
Posted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:47 am 
Post subject:
I had the same pains in my hips all through my 2nd and 3rd trimester, I also had sod but for some reason that disappeared by my 3rd. No cure I'm afraid it went when I had my baby but I did take paracetamol if it was really bad and changed sides regularly xx

Alowicious
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:36 pm 
Post subject:
My last pregnancy I had hip pain immediately! I was so uncomfy in bed and tossed and turned and kept my DH awake at night so we went out and bought a double height air bed (looks like one on top of another) - the best thing I ever did. I inflated it so it was still a little soft and slept really well in it. When it got too low to get up from and the softness made it harder to turn over with a big bump we put the double mattress from our spare room on top of it and I slept on it like that.

I am pregnant again and again my hips hurt immediately so out came the airbed!! We are lucky though as have a bedroom large enough to fit six kingsize beds in Smile

Jump to:  

Community

Popular