Twins

Rosesrred
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:27 pm 
Post subject: Twins
Hi 😀
I was just wondering if there was anyone out there that knows what the likelihood of me having twins again would be? I've got 20 week old fraternal twin girls and I've just found out that I'm pregnant again, so I just wondered what the chances of having twins again would be? Thanks! Sarah xx
hayley2903
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:03 am 
Post subject:
Its non identical twins which run in families not identical and you're more likely to have twins if NON IDENTICAL TWINS run on the mothers side xx
Posted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:56 am 
Post subject:
I don't know the exact odds, but as fraternal twins come from releasing two eggs if you regularly release two eggs then your chances are probably higher than the average woman Smile all though you still have to factor in that just because you release two doesn't mean they would both fertilise and implant, but any woman can have a one off month when she releases two eggs even if normally she just releases one, so it could have just been a one off for you Question
If there's no family history of non identicals in the women on your mothers side it's slightly less likely that you'd have them again, if there is then there could well be a pattern of women who regularly ov two eggs as it does have a small tendency to run in families Smile
That would probably increase your odds of twins again.xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> The Newbies Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular