Any recommendations for VR surgeon please

Tillyboo
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:48 pm 
Post subject: Any recommendations for VR surgeon please
Hi Im new on here and found this great site after trawling through websites looking for info on surgeons for VR. I was opting for Dr Dawson but every forum ive looked at seems to say he has only repaired one side and some have then gone on to have a redo VR elsewhere. Ive found good feedback for Dr Lememberger or Dr Harriss, please help with any advise as its mindblowing! Thanks
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:53 am 
Post subject:
Tillyboo there's an actual vasectomy reversal section on here with a lot of Ladies on it, it's a bit quiet at the moment but i'm sure if any of the ladies are around they'd help to answer your questions if you post on there Smile
I've also heard good things about Duncan Harriss on here and other sites but I'm a tubal reversal lady not a vasectomy one so have no actual experience with him, but I know with any microsurgery getting someone with lots of these ops under their belt and good results is very important Smile
I hope someone can answer your questions for you xx
Tillyboo
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:07 pm 
Post subject: VR
Hi DL05

Thank you very much for replying. Im new on here so will have a look and see what I can find. Thanks again

xx
BillJ
AskBaby Team
AskBaby Team
Posted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:46 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Tillyboo,

Welcome to AskBaby.com!

Here's the link to the IVF and Vasectomy Reversal forum - hopefully you can find some info!

Once you find a discussion that's heading in the right direction for what you want to know, maybe copy your Q above into the discussion?

Don't be worried about 'barging in' - people would love to help Smile
Tillyboo
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:11 pm 
Post subject:
Thank you BillJ for your reply. I have searched on here for ages yet couldn't find an up to date forum, that will be no doubt my lack of technical skills!! Ha. Thanks for the link. We have made an enquiry with Mr Lemberger and actually expecting a call later today. Thanks for your encouragement about joining in with forums.

javascript:emoticon('Very Happy')
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:28 am 
Post subject:
Bill I wonder if the problem is it's called the IVF and sterilisation reversal forum ? Maybe it could do with vasectomy reversal in the title as well ? Just to make it clear its for all 3 and to help people find it Question
BillJ
AskBaby Team
AskBaby Team
Posted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:58 am 
Post subject:
DL05 wrote:
Maybe it could do with vasectomy reversal in the title as well?

Hi DL05, great idea - thanks Smile I'll talk to our techs and see if possible!
BillJ
AskBaby Team
AskBaby Team
Posted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:59 am 
Post subject:
Tillyboo wrote:
Thank you BillJ for your reply.

No worries at all Tillyboo! Glad to help Smile Good luck with your phone calls!
Tillyboo
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:39 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks for everyones help on here. Well hubby has taken the plunge and VR is booked for the end of September. We both have children from a previous marriage and would love to be blessed with a child together. Well here goes, the start of our amazing journey.

Thanks again DL05, BillJ and all who have posted info on here that has helped us loads.

xxTillybooxx
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:31 am 
Post subject:
That's great news Tillyboo wishing you the best of luck with your journey Very Happy
I don't know if it's been discussed yet but I know some of the Ladies said it was a good idea to harvest some sperm during the reversal just in case of scarring or anti bodies later as then if you need to move onto to IVF you already have sperm available and don't need to pay for PESA as well as that can be expensive Question Just something a few said they'd wished they'd had done at the time , Good luck again xx
Tillyboo
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:38 pm 
Post subject:
Yes, we have been advised by the Surgeon to do the same and it sounds like the best idea too. I cant believe its finally happening as we have been discussing it for a year now!

Thanks again
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> The Newbies Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular