reversal of sterilisation pregnancy success by A pickersgill

aliwicks
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:50 pm 
Post subject: reversal of sterilisation pregnancy success by A pickersgill
Has anyone had sterilisation reversal done by andrew pickersgill and got pregnant.Have you also still got both tubes or just one and got pregnant,would be interested in hearing from you Smile ? x
Angelcake71
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:05 am 
Post subject:
Smile I know Cheeky Sue and Nat both had him to do their ops.. no pregnancys reported...YET..
they will be able to give you info though,,I know 2 ladies that had him as well on another forum..both got pregnant.. Smile
Angel Baby due 21/6/2012 (m/c)
All 3 much loved and wanted xx
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:41 am 
Post subject:
Ye me and Sue both had him , I've only got one tube the other was removed due to damage , not pregnant yet but just at end of 4th month ttc , Sue had hers the same day as me and as far as we know not pregnant yet , she also only had one tube repaired because the other was clipped too close to her uterus I believe (hope you don't mind me sharing Sue ,but I know you don't get on much at the moment with work ) am hoping it won't be much longer though. Good to hear some other ladies have got pregnant on another forum Angel as he doesn't quote success rates . For general info on success rates after this type of op there's an american site Ali called Chapel Hill who publish all their success rates broken down by age , tube length, type of original op etc. helped to give me some idea of realistic success rates x
aliwicks
Posted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:45 pm 
Post subject:
lHi ladies, Smile i want to see if we have all got one tube after op by AP as it seems that way,and he said to me on phone it is normally only one tube that is saved Confused so i was wondering if anyone has ever got pregnant after his op reversal.I might just be worrying over nothing Rolling Eyes .hope you guys all well and here goes to ttc,it been wk since af started,so nearly there, Embarassed ..can i ask nat how you felt after op it been 3wks and i feel light headed and so tired Rolling Eyes is this normal xx
Angelcake71
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:06 pm 
Post subject:
Smile .. well I did start off with 2 tubes.. (didnt have AP) but now I only have 1 after my e/p.. after reading many stories about people with only 1 tube getting pregnant..I am hopeful.. Confused
Angel Baby due 21/6/2012 (m/c)
All 3 much loved and wanted xx
aliwicks
Posted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:15 pm 
Post subject:
Smile yes AP has said doesnt make any difference one or two,but i think hi m only doing one tube is easier for him as it seems strange all three of us on here nly have one after his op Embarassed am i been silly Confused it such a worry especially with one,as cant afford to let anything go wrong,we might all get bfp at same time Very Happy as it looks like we all in middle of month together Laughing good luck xx
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:23 am 
Post subject:
Have to say the idea did cross my mind too Ali which is why I asked him exactly what he did with my other tube and he said he prepared it the same as the other one once he got it off my abdominal wall but then the dye wouldn't go through so he trimmed it back until he couldn't trim any more off but the dye still wouldn't run through so he removed it , so that wouldn't have been any quicker for him really , he won't do repairs too close to your uterus though and I know a lot of surgeons put clips on close to the uterus , which was the issue with Sue , did he tell you why he didn't repair your other tube ?
From what I've read on here there seems to be a wide range of results from one tube at just a couple of cms to both tubes at 6-7 cms Confused I think a lot of it depends on how much damage was done during your original op , plus AP will only save a tube if he's confident it isn't damaged and maybe not all surgeons look at it that way ?
I'm with you on the being worried front though as I think it puts extra pressure on when it comes to worrying about an ectopic pregnancy
Cheekysue
Posted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:15 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Ali Very Happy Nat of course I dont mind you mentioning me,if it helps us then great.

Ali, he didnt repair my left tube as Nat has said it is clipped right at the junction with the uterus and this is the narrowest portion of tube, so if scar tissue developed which it does for everyone but there is a potential for a blockage with scar tissue or closure, so am glad he didnt do it. He said everything was really healthly, no damage to my tubes or uterus, nothing stuck down, which suprised me as i expected the clips to cause max damage, i had two clips on each tube. I am realistically giving myself a year before I think ok its not going to happen and at some point will stop ttc altogether but not sure how old/long to wait,,its a personal thing Embarassed maybe you should go on baby and bump and pose your question and maybe askamum too, let us know your results if you hear back from any ladies, yes as Nat say's its alway's a worry not knowing your surgeons stats, but it also depends on other factors as we all know Wink good luck hun xxx
aliwicks
Posted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:08 pm 
Post subject:
Hi nat,sue,thanks for replying,i think i just look into things too much Embarassed he did say he tried to do my tube but there was no chance i just thought it was odd we all only got one tube need to find more ladies that had op by him to see stats Rolling Eyes .my clips had fallen off and were sitting in my bladder Shocked maybe thhats why i cough and weeee Laughing Laughing well thats my excuse Wink ;x
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:18 am 
Post subject:
I think it's fairly common for clips to actually end up cutting all the way through your tubes , just another of the things they don't tell you before the op Confused Smile
Cheekysue
Posted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:36 am 
Post subject:
Hey Ladies the clips dont cut right through, they occlude the tube, allowing no blood to the tissue, no blood -no oxygen, tissue dies and falls off Shocked hence why you end up with bits stuck everywhere Embarassed thats why i thought mine would be a mess with two clips to each tube, but not so, everything is really healthly. There is a lady on the Band B forum over 35 and ttc that had ligation at 22, reversal at 35 and has had a LO and expecting 2nd, so dont give up xxxxx
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:41 pm 
Post subject:
It's lucky they dont destroy the whole tube then Sue from the sounds of it Confused All these reversal techniques sound quite brutal when you compare them to the way they do vasectomies , wonder if it's because so many surgeons are men Wink
Shell868
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:29 pm 
Post subject: Success
I had sterilisation reversal surgery March 2009, my right tube partially collapsed, this was done by the consultant ive known sine being 19, im now 33. We gave up hope completely and last week I found out I was pregnant, do not give up hope ladies xxx i am almost 7 weeks, feel the usual pregnancy feelings, tired, spotty, weeing none stop and sore boobs which is a good sign my body is acting as it should, scan next week xxx
aliwicks
Posted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:27 pm 
Post subject:
Hi shell,congratulations that is brilliant news must have been shock after all this time.gives us all hope,find it frustrating Rolling Eyes age doesnt help Laughing .good luck with your scan keep us up to date with your pregnancy fx for you xxx
toclaire
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:28 pm 
Post subject: i am having andy pickersgill for reversal
Hi There ladies, i am new on here although love reading all ur messages all the time!, i am 40,live in cheshire,4 kids aged 3,4,8 & 9,all emerg c section,my c section came undone a year ago so went in leighton to have hernia fixed,they also did a tubal ligation,well 2 cut a long story short,it made me ill 3 months after,pain when ovilating,sore boobs,anxiety,the dr put me on low prozac,anyway feeling better now,i went to regency macc last night,paid 200,and mr a pickersgill has agreed to do keyhole reversal in about 1 month time,so i will be able to update you on how many of the tubes r saved !! as i think i had 4cm cut & burnt, love to hear from any other ladies, thanx claire x
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> IVF & Sterilisation Reversal All times are GMT
Page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to:  

Community

Popular