Smile jennie
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:33 am 
Post subject: Update
Hi Ladies

Sorry I am here! Very Happy

We have our appointment Thursday morning, I think this is us starting Confused

I am being told that we are going on Thursday to learn how to do the injections and so on?! Although I never really know what's going on and never get my hopes up as its been so long now I just cant!
Last month when I got told no again she rang me back and said I am booking you in on the 9th January which would then coincide with that month to start a cycle?

So I presume that we are starting this month but I am not 100% sure on that, I rang on cd1 of this month which was 28/12/13 and they said that I was already booked in? so to just keep that app?

Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused

Anyway I will give you an update when I know!

Sorry ladies I haven't been on much just been so busy with work and OH setting up his own business etc... Its been non stop!

Can anyone tell me more details of what will happen next? if we do start this month I am currently on CD11 and the only thing I really know is that we would start injections on cd21??

Thanks ladies

I hope you are all well I need to catch up on BFPS that I have missed xxxx
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:44 pm 
Post subject:
Injections you will start will down-regulate your cycle. You should get a period around normal time. You may or may not have a baseline scan to see if you have down-regulated depending on the clinic. Then you'll stay on a lower dose of that one and start another injection to stimulate egg production. A few days into that(after 6 days of injections, so day 7 of stims in my case) they will do a scan. They'll probably scan you every other day and may change your dose if they need to depending how things are developing. When they think you are getting close to ready, they'll book you in for egg collection(I'm sure you've read all about that part of the procedure) - I had local anaesthetic with gas & air but lots of people have a sedation or general anaesthetic. On egg collection day, your OH will make his contribution too. You'll know pretty much straight away how many eggs they get, and the next day you should know more about how many have fertilised. You kind of need to be prepared at any point to be called to go for ET, although best case scenario it will be 5 days after EC. ET is painless, but you miht get some cramping after.
Then you wait...(and test on day the clinic tell you to.

Best of luck hun, and if there's anything specific, just ask. We're all here for you. xxx
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular