Teebs....

Lexismum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:19 pm 
Post subject: Teebs....
Im always popping on to see how you are. Hows things going, has IVF started yet? How are you feeling etc xxx

xxHeathxx
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:43 am 
Post subject:
Same here. Hope all is ok xx

KazM
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:31 pm 
Post subject:
Same here too. xx
Posted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:58 am 
Post subject:
I haven't seen susanjosh for ages either.

Banoffee
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:39 am 
Post subject:
I hope they are both ok!!!
Posted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:47 pm 
Post subject:
Terri I hope youre okay , I notice you dont seem to come on any more x
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:25 pm 
Post subject:
Hey lovely ladies I am sorry I have been so busy with work, I got promoted and then we relocated 45 miles away from home Sad its a very very very long day Sad pretty stressful too managing so much and can be working till late at night some nights but I love my job and the new people who I work with are great!!!

As far as baby talk there is non at the moment, as soon as I get my next af we are starting ivf finally got all the clearance! I am the least bit bothered with it all at the moment rarely even think about ttc or where I am in my cycle etx just to tired and busy with other thing's! I think I have come to accept that it may not happen but I am ok with it, massive fx for us girls that we get to start ivf this time as I am not sure how much more messing about at the hospital I can do anymore I am sick of them we just never get anywhere Sad

It might not sound it but I am in a good place at the mo Smile

How is everyone? Claire I cant bloody belive you are so near your due date so bloody happy for you xxxx
Posted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:55 pm 
Post subject:
great to hear your doing well hun, and good luck for ivf. I will keep everything crossed for you. xxx

hoping4number2
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:16 pm 
Post subject:
Good luck teebs!!

Xx
Posted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:40 am 
Post subject:
Good Luck with the IVF Teebs, hopefully you should get that BFP before the end of the year then if all goes well Smile I can see why you wouldn't believe it's possible now until it actually happens after all the disappointments you've had but statistically you have a good chance of success so I'll be keeping my fingers and toes crossed it's first time lucky for you xxx
teehopes
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:21 pm 
Post subject:
Well today is cd1 so I made the call this morning, I now apparently have to wait for up to 72 hours to get a call back from the nurse! I am not sure what happens next? If we get the go ahead can anyone tell me what to expect? I am just so scared about work and how I am going to get around it all Sad xx
Posted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:40 pm 
Post subject:
I'll tell you what I am doing and the potential variances I know of but some things vary depending on the clinic.

Generally you start down-regulation(one injection a day or 3 nasal sprays a day) on CD21(we start mine on Nov 7th, Buserelin injections).
They may do some injection training with you at some point or might not, I have been offered it but my boss didn't when she went through IVF.

I have to ring them when I bleed to get further instructions, but will basically start stimulation injections(Gonal-F, as well as carrying on with the Buserelin injections) straight away or very shortly after I think. Some people have a baseline scan but you may or may not get one under your clinic.

6 days after stimulation injections start, I'll have a scan to check progress/follicles etc. At these scans they may adjust your dosage accordingly depending on your follicles. (They say the average woman has 3 of these scans). Mine will be by appointment but my boss had a queueing system when she did hers so she got there and took a ticket and waited, so I'd ask them about that.

Once they deem your follicles are good to go, they book a time for egg collection and tell you when to take your HCG injection to mature your eggs ready for collection (Injection to be taken a set number of hours before EC, I think 36).

Then they do egg collection. Usually it's under sedation and local anaesthetic but you may be offered a general anaesthetic(ultrasound probe you-know-where and a needle attached to the side through the wall into the follicle, liquid goes in and hopefully liquid & an egg comes out). Your OH makes his contribution this day too. You will start on progesterone at this time and continue through to the third month of pregnancy(vaginal gel, pessary or suppository are possible).

Assuming they are aiming for Blastocyst transfer, your transfer(via a catheter through the cervix) will be 5 days after egg collection. You need to be ready to drop everything and go before this if necessary though as development may mean they need to get one back on board sooner.

Then you wait....testing is not recommended until at least 18 days after egg collection as you may get a false positive from the Injection you had to mature the eggs.

If 1st test is positive, test again one week later. If that is positive, you go for a scan(I think 32 days from egg collection but could be wrong) just to make sure everything is in the right place. If all ok there, then it will then be treated like a normal pregnancy(except for the progesterone you'll need to take for a couple more months).

I don't know what to suggest when it comes to work hun. You have no legal rights to time off for it until you're PUPO.

I don't know what your employer is like but I was completely honest with mine. I'm taking all time as holiday/flexi but they know sometimes it might be short -notice or inconvenient and I'll have to go.

No alcohol for either of us this Christmas then!

Good luck hun. xxx
Posted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:53 pm 
Post subject:
Teebs, how are you doing hun? xxx
Posted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:27 pm 
Post subject:
Hello I am ok bit fed up couldn't fit us in last month after an agonising 72 hour wait I got the call to say we couldn't start this month as it falls in the middle of Christmas!!! I was gutted but absolutely nothing we can do just keep trying every month I suppose, I am just sick of it all now Sad

How are you? Xx
Posted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:26 pm 
Post subject:
Hi hun. Sorry to hear that but yeah, I suppose it would fall in the middle of xmas. I know you've had lots of delays already which makes it feel worse. xxx
I'm ok thanks. Waiting on a call Monday to tell me when I can start stims.
V. hormonal/tired at the minute due to the drugs. Have you managed to get any info out of them for when you do start(like will you be down-regging with nasal spray or injection) & what the general plan is? xxx
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular