Too much??

Janey1983
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:50 pm 
Post subject:
How do you guys do it?
We can easily ring up a supermarket bill of 80+ a week, we don't drink so no alcohol in that. Then there is always a few shop visits for fresh milk and items we forgotten mid week plus take aways???
StaceyRD
Posted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:01 pm 
Post subject:
I'm a recent meal plan convert, looove it. I write a list of around 14 meals, we shop for all the fresh/frozen/tinned things we need for those, then I cook whatever I fancy that day. I started actually listing what meal we'd have for the next week but that wasn't as fun as being spontaneous and fancying chicken one day when on paper it was a sausage day. We then limit how many top up shops we do and don't buy as many treats as we used to, and also stock up on nappies and toilet roll etc so we don't need to keep going out as much. We don't eat out, but are currently putting money into savings so if we want to can easily take from there. I also don't get sucked into the offers in stores as we used to - we look around and vary where we shop so we make the most out of vouchers - last week I got 11 off a 60 shop thanks to Sainsburys coupons Very Happy
We can spend 60-70 twice a month then top up around 20 extra for fresh bits each month. So around 40 a month for 4 of us Smile xx

abbie29
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:57 pm 
Post subject:
We've managed to cut down a bit by doing a big monthly shop online to avoid 'offer temptation' and then stock up on fresh things each week but I'd say we still spend about 280 a month including baby things, toiletries, cleaning things and pet food etc. we've got much better though, it used to be nearer 400 and I'm still working on getting it down!!
Posted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:44 am 
Post subject:
I think 30 is really cheap. My shopping bill has got out of hand again over the summer holidays and I still haven't settled back into a routine. I find when I meal plan I can get breakfast/lunch/dinners and kid's snacks/fruit etc for about 80-90 per week which is good as they go through a LOT of fruit which seems really expensive lately. Sometimes that includes nappies and wipes depending on what week it is as I usually only have to but them every other week. At the momemt I'm going to Asda for a few bits for dinner and coming out spending 60 or more which I can't afford so as of next week I'm back to meal planning.

EmzandFlick
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:19 am 
Post subject:
We spend about 60 per week. Once a week or so I will go to supermarket quite late and buy reduced meats and breads to freeze Very Happy
Am getting loads of bread rolls for 10p a pack and defrosting them for packed lunches Smile

Jennifer256
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:35 am 
Post subject:
EmzandFlick wrote:
We spend about 60 per week. Once a week or so I will go to supermarket quite late and buy reduced meats and breads to freeze Very Happy
Am getting loads of bread rolls for 10p a pack and defrosting them for packed lunches Smile

I would do that but we have the smallest freezer ever! When we eventually move mil is giving us a chest freezer to go in the garage so thats what I will be doing. Although the meat we have a trade meat place near us and i buy big packs of chicken breasts, bacon, chops but cant do it to often as it fills my little freezer.

I went asda for a few bits yesterday and it was 77 and will have to go aldi tomorrow for the weekend, it really is all the fruit and veg at the min its so expensive xx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular