heart palps/pvcs/ectopics

youcanhumpmyleg
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:46 am 
Post subject: heart palps/pvcs/ectopics
i suffer with pvcs/ectopic heart beats (feels like your heart misses a beat totally not dangerous at all its a benign condition) just wondering if anyone else had them during pregnancy ? im currently 14 weeks with my second & i get 1000's a day, ive had 3 ecgs and 1 holter in the last 4 years and everythings come back normal... my doctor at the moment wont even consider any more tests as its only been 3 years since my last ones.... did anyone elses pvcs calm down in the second trimester get worse or stay alway through ???? xx
Posted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:16 am 
Post subject:
Hi ya

I have always suffered from palpitations and had a 24 he tape put on a few years ago, there were a few PVC's on there but the ECG itself was fine. I didn't notice anything with my first but I'm 11 weeks now and I know I'm getting them as I can feel my heart skipping a beat. It's not very often and I'm hoping it will wear off. I'm am well trained in ecg's as its part of my job I would say if you notice your getting lots of runs of them I would push for them to look at you again, the occasional PVC isn't a problem but lots of them can be. I think that's wrong of them to ignore it. Good luck I hope it wears off for you soon x

youcanhumpmyleg
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:18 am 
Post subject:
i only get loads when at work and being active at home when im sat down or pottering about i only get a handful, i went to my gps the other day and he ordered an ecg there and then it came back fine.... i may go back and push for a monitor soon, thanks for your reply xx
Posted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:20 pm 
Post subject:
Yes I would definatly push for a 24 hour tape at least. A 12 lead ECG is great if you catch it at the right time. Most arrhythmia's are only picked up when someone is being monitored for s length of time.. Good luck, I hope you get it sorted soon x

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular