Milk Intolerance?!?

Raspich
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:33 pm 
Post subject: Milk Intolerance?!?
I'm pretty sure that my daughter is milk intolerant (well probably lactose), from 2 weeks old she had terrible colic which only Colief helped with. The doctors were very dismissive at the time and unhelpful. At 6 months I introduced yoghurts; however I soon found that if she had too many (ie: a couple in a week) she would get a rash on her face.

I decided at 10 months old to stop giving her yoghurts for about a month to give her system a rest(but she still had butter etc in meals)and try to reintroduce after the break to see if she could tolerate them.

I gave her a yoghurt for the first time at the weekend and she came up in a rash overnight Rolling Eyes so I am assuming that she is still intolerant to them.

ANYWAY my question is: Can I give her soya milk? Or goats milk? I am still breastfeeding because of her intolerance and because we fought so hard to get to breastfeed Laughing but was planning to begin weaning her onto cows milk at 12 months. I don't really know what to do at the moment. Question

]
mand136
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:54 am 
Post subject:
Our little lady was cows milk intolerant in fact all 4 of mine have been,she also had reflux and a few food allergies,she went through the prescription milks under the care of the pead and when everything started to settle around 7 months he advised that we take her off of the prescription milk and put her on soya,a word of warning though,believe it or not the organic ones have sugars in them that can irritate intolerant babys,i was confused as to what one to buy so i took a cow & gate one and an organic one to the pharmacist and he looked at the ingredients and recommended the cow & gate,she was so settled on it but the pead said from 11 months keep trying her with cows milk.We managed to wean her around the 11 month mark and she has been fine with it Smile

The health profs do not recommend soya is used for a long period of time so i would speak to your hv or gp to see what they think Smile

Jump to:  

Community

Popular