Speech at 17 months

Green82
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:40 pm 
Post subject: Speech at 17 months
Hi everyone,

Been a while since I've been on here it was just wondering about other toddlers about 17 months and what their speech is like? My little one can say a handful of words: mama, dad, what's that, what's this, yes, no, socks, Buzz (buzz lightyear), night night, bye bye, baba (batman), toes, shoes and Ava (his sisters name). He will say a word from no where then never repeat it Laughing

Does this sound ok? Just that my eldest was saying loads of words at this stage...

Hope everyone is well Very Happy

sammie23
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:43 pm 
Post subject:
I would say this sounds normal, all children are different and it's so easy to compare between children,
At Archie's 2year check they asked if he knew 50 words
I thourght no, but then when I thourght about it he does, mummy daddy hiya, bye toast Thomas etc,
Now he's 2.5 and dowa not stop talking!!!!Wink
Posted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:25 pm 
Post subject:
Hi

This sounds fine to me, your little one is saying much more than mine and he's also 17 months. My boy chats all day but mambo jumbo, he can say mama, dada, bye, hi and that's about it in context. I checked my book on his development as I was worried and it says its normal at this age x

Green82
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:24 pm 
Post subject:
Yeah I'm sure it's fine I was just curious xx

Thanks for the replies Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> One Year to Five Years All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular