getting copies of note

kas123
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:54 am 
Post subject: getting copies of note
I had to request copies of my notes from the doctors as we are now going private and the clinic has asked us go get the results from all the tests we have currently had. well picked them up last night and all she had done was print off copies of the letters that we had received from the clinic. not test results. she also charged us 50 for copies of letters we already had. I was also very shocked to be paying the doctor not the practice. has anyone else had to get copies of there notes? is this right.
nutty1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:57 am 
Post subject:
My doctors sent all the test results onto the clinic they didnt charge. I thought they only charged that 50 when you request a full copy of your notes :/
Posted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:48 pm 
Post subject:
Ive tried to request my operative report from the hospital as my drs didnt have it. The hospital wanted 50.00 for it though. My dr was good enough to give me a letter he had in my file about my op and procedure,so i dont need my op report,he also did our tests for free an sent copies of our results to the consultant free of charge. I guess it depends on your drs wether they charge you or not x
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:57 pm 
Post subject:
I'm sure they're not supposed to charge just for copies of test results or letters Question
My docs receptionist has always been very good and if I've had any tests done to do with my fertility investigations I just ask her for a copy after seeing the doc and she prints me one there and then Question My GP even said it's your right to have copies of any test results if you want them.
It seems very strange to charge you so much and then not even give you what you needed as well. I'd go back and ask for the right test results and query the charge, get them to tell you exactly what it's for, like Nutty said I thought there was only a charge if you want a full copy of all your notes xx
kas123
Posted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:24 am 
Post subject:
thanks the consultant at the IVF clinic was supprised that i was charged at all. especially when it was mainly copies of letters that had been sent to us. Oh well looks like IVF is off the cards for us unless we can find an egg donor and another 4k as my AMH levels were only 1.7 and i was informed that i would not be an ideal candidate for own egg IVF. will still be on the NHS waiting list but will have to save up for private IVF. it has now been 10 months and still no first appointment with the nhs.
KazM
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:42 pm 
Post subject:
Have you spoken to PALS about the NHS wait?
Posted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:09 pm 
Post subject:
not yet tried choose but they do not cover Wales. I have finally got my first NHS IVF appointment through although i have to travel to Cardiff was hoping that as they have finally opened the Neath IVF clinic that i would be able to go there. will get very expensive travelling to Cardiff a few times a week think it is a 250 mile round trip. Shocked
KazM
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:49 pm 
Post subject:
Have you asked about the possibility of having your scans somewhere closer to home? Some clinics have more local "satellite" clinics where you can get your scans done. That should cut down the number of visits if you can do it.

Jump to:  

Community

Popular