comments on bump size

ruth1980
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:24 pm 
Post subject: comments on bump size
Hi I think I'm just moaning or sensitive but I'm almost. 22 weeks and so I'm showing, I haven't thought much of it, to me I thought it was perfectly reasonable to be in maternity clothes and look pregnant, but today at work one person said when ru due and I said 17th of an andvbonev said are you sure they haven't got the dates wrong and another went are you sure its not triplets, I said all of you are bad you must never comment on a pregnant ladies seize and went off laughing, but honestly now I feel upset and fat, I am not over eating and in eat healthy so I haven't minde the weight gain its mainly stomach and slight hips, but I thought it was normal but now I feel paranoid and down. I don't really know what to do now.
Bobski1980
Posted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:57 am 
Post subject:
Don't let it get you down, everyone's bump is different. Mine was pretty big and I was showing very early and in maternity clothes by around 16-18 weeks. People can't help themselves but comment, I had lots of comments about mine and me waddling around. I also had comment about twins and even after my 20 week scan people were still joking around saying one might be hiding. A friend of mine had quite a small bump and felt really hurt and worried about comments on how small hers was. Try and take it in jest huni and tell them to bog off. Your perfectly normal xx

XXMrsSXX
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:38 am 
Post subject:
I get this EVERY day at work, how big I am and if theres twins coz I look massive etc, fact is on my growth chart im measuring perfectly average, I've just put it down to how I carry! ignore them and don't let it make you not enjoy your pregnancy, because, my size ( and comments) made me not enjoy my pregnancy for a long time!!! you could defo tell I was pregnant by about 14 weeks, I showed very early, but now im just embracing my size (and my stetch marks) and forget it all when I feel my little babes moving Smile Smile xxxx
Posted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:01 pm 
Post subject:
Awh please just ignore them. I get this every single day and it was really getting me down a couple of weeks ago. I look like a beached whale, my bump is measuring right at the top of the grey shaded area on the little graph in the maternity notes BUT i'm not eating anything silly or over-eating. Baby is healthy and thats all that matters!
Every time I see my mum she says "oh my god can you get any bigger you're going to pop" so i had a word with her and told her it was bad enough everyone else saying it but she was really getting to me.
Don't let them get you down, once baby is here it won't make a difference how big you were when you were carrying them x

Mummy & Daddys little angels 05.12.08 & 01.01.13 Never Forgotten xx
mummy2010
Posted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:03 pm 
Post subject:
Awh please just ignore them. I get this every single day and it was really getting me down a couple of weeks ago. I look like a beached whale, my bump is measuring right at the top of the grey shaded area on the little graph in the maternity notes BUT i'm not eating anything silly or over-eating. Baby is healthy and thats all that matters!
Every time I see my mum she says "oh my god can you get any bigger you're going to pop" so i had a word with her and told her it was bad enough everyone else saying it but she was really getting to me.
Don't let them get you down, once baby is here it won't make a difference how big you were when you were carrying them x

Mummy & Daddys little angels 05.12.08 & 01.01.13 Never Forgotten xx
JakesMommy
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:07 pm 
Post subject:
Ignore it hun. Some people can be very insesative
Im only 5+ 4 wks and already av bump bloating
from IVF drugs nothing of mine fits ..Enjoy your
beautiful bumps ladies xxx
nds
Posted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:18 am 
Post subject:
don't worry about it at all. pregnant ladies are aaaaaalways going to get comments from people, whether friends/family or strangers. i don't think people can help commenting sometimes. i get a mixture of things, the people that know me think i'm 'big', but all the medical staff think i'm small. i just find myself massive because i'm so used to being tiny. people put on tons of weight eg kim kardashian, some people put on no weight eg kate middleton. and i'm sure you've seen in all the magazines and online the comments people give. it doesn't matter who you are, or how you're measuring, someone has an opinion - you just have to take it on the chin Smile i'm sure your bump is beautiful whatever it looks like! xxxxxxxx
Posted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:04 pm 
Post subject:
Ignore, people are thoughtless and insensitive!

I was in mat clothes at 9 weeks and had a big old bump by 24 weeks, everyone commented. Yet I actually didnt put more that 1st 10lb on in weight. My best friend put on nearly 3 stone and nobody said anything to her. I really wouldnt worry, everyone is different.

Just to add my bump was huuuuge, but in fact my daughter was only 6lb 4oz!

]
emmie02
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:19 pm 
Post subject:
Just ignore the.

With this pregnancy i as showing by 10 weeks and already in maternity clothes. I got big very quickly.

I remember people asking how far along i was and being shocked when i said 20 weeks etc. I even had one bloke ask if it was twins!

Now though my bump has stopped growing (stopped about 29 weeks) I now have people saying "oh wow! Gosh u have such a small bump" - ive had growh scans so know baby is fine so im not that bothered anymore about being small.

I think no matter how big/small you are of what what you are carrying someone wil have something to say. Its almost like that now you are pregnant you are public property and everyone feels like they have to say something about the bump or offer useless advise etc.
Annoying i know coz hey would never go up to a fat person or skinny person and start saying stuff about how they look or offer advise!

Just wait till you get people asking to rub/touch your bump! Thankfully ive not had this (well only from a friend so that was ok) id love to say something like " im glad you think its ok to touch someone you dont know, coz i was just thinking i was odd for wanting to go stroke that bald mans head over there!" Laughing dont think i ever would ever be able to say that though.

Jo3x
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:04 am 
Post subject:
I though it was just me! Shocked Laughing I get this all the time! 'How far are ya?' 'Really! your gonna be massive by the end' its really annoying me Shocked it doesn't make things any better when you already feel fat enough Shocked and your hormone's are all over the place! Stupid people should know better than to upset a pregnant woman, what makes it worst is mines mostly women who have had babies so they should know how it feels!! Laughing Love Jo xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular