very late but negative preg tests

tryinghard
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:01 am 
Post subject: very late but negative preg tests
Hello all!

This is my first post, came accross this forum and found it really encouraging.
Ive been trying now for two years to get pregnant. Had all the tests, everything fine, just waiting for the right time I guess. I try to keep in good spirits as I don't think feeling negative helps at all. I did hit a bit of a downer after trying for 7 mths however picked myself up and decided to just think "it'll happen when the time is right".
Now. This is the situation.....I'm 12 days over my usual 28 day cycle, feel all the symptoms of coming on my period, emotional, big (and sore) boobs, slight tummy cramps etc BUT have also had the most amazing and quite freaky sense of smell?
Does anyone have any ideas as to why I might be so late yet have taken 3 preg tests and they've all said the big NEGATIVE??!

Any ideas would be MOST appreciated!

Many thanks for taking the time to read my post.

Kindest Regards

A xxx
Confused
asfletcher
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:26 am 
Post subject:
maybe ur trying too hard and making urself stressed. or if u were pregnant u might have a low hormone level to pick it up.
Poppy99
Posted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:51 pm 
Post subject:
Hi,

As equally I dont want to be the bringer of bad news to anyone I also hesitate to respond to you 'cause I dont wanna get your hopes up falsely. Just had to let you know though that when I was expecting our first baby I still got all the same pre period pains and everything felt the same apart from the tiredness but put that down to overdoing it at xmas. It is true about the increased sense of smell, do you also have a metallic taste? If you have a regular cycle 12 days is late so I would be finding it very hard not to get excited Smile From wot I have read u are more likely to get a 'false negative' result than a false positive so there is a chance. Think id be very tempted to see my doc on Monday and get them to test. Hope this helps in some way, fingers crossed for you. p.s If you do have a low HCG count then be glad for later on, I had high levels so preg testing was not a prob until it led to a raised triple test result and hence needing an amnio, not nice.
tryinghard
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 4:43 pm 
Post subject: Thanks
Thanks for your advice ladies, if I still haven't come on over the weekend, I'll book in to see my doc next week. I am getting slightly more cramps today so I may come on later.
Thanks again xxx
lucylu2
Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:19 pm 
Post subject:
Hi,

I am now 12 days late too.

I went to the doctors on Thursday when i was 8 days late. He told me to relax and enjoy the weekend, then do a urine sample this morning and take it to the path lab for a more in depth test.

Its so frustrating, i have had no symptoms of my period and usually i get awful cramps, pains, headaches and moodiness!! Oh im thrilling to be around hahaha.
Anyway, i just dont know what to think, if im not pregnant then its not normal to have such a late period! Certainly for me anyway.

I wish id just come on and i can stop wondering!

xxx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Trying to Conceive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular