Any advice??

Polkadotty
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:21 am 
Post subject: Any advice??
I feel like we're a healthy couple don't have any health problems and don't have any symptoms of a fertilty problems apart from the main one of not falling pregnant. Only had a blood test done a few months ago to check for ovulation and I get it taken on cd 23 and that was nothing to worry about as it was over 50. But I worry because we have no symptoms that e know of I think that maybe it my partners sperm.we have been ttc for 9 months now, I know that it can take up to a year buti maybes thought that if it was going to happen for us it would of by now as we have regular sex, don't smoke,don't take drugs,don't drink excessively we have guided amounts,eat healthy and exercise regularly. Anybody else been like me??
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:17 am 
Post subject:
Sometimes even with no obvious problems it can just take a while to happen Question
I know in the reversal section it seems to take women on average 9 to 12 months for some reason Question
In the long term TTC list there are women who tried for years and then suddenly got a BFP out of the blue.
I sometimes wonder if part of it is that when it takes longer than a month or two you get anxious about it and then that doesn't help much either, as even lowish levels of stress can have an effect on hormones.
As so many women who've been trying for more than just a few months suddenly seem to get pregnant on months when it wasn't on their mind so much for some reason Question
Of course trying not to think about it is the hardest thing to do when TTC, I know I never managed it Laughing
But maybe doing something so you fell pro-active might have the same effect ?
Maybe try using OPK's so you know for sure when you ov and can make sure you do the deed on the right days as even with sex every few days you could still miss the optimal time to conceive.
Or even just try some pre natal his and hers vits, I think one of the reasons things like the CBFM or having a HSG supposedly increase your chances of conceiving is maybe that it just makes you try harder that month when you are using something new, or maybe it makes you more optimistic as well which could help with the hormonal side of things Question xx
Polkadotty
Posted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:24 pm 
Post subject:
My partner has been to see the doctor today and they are going to give him blood tests so hopefully this will tell us more if anything is wrong
Janey1983
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:34 pm 
Post subject:
you sound just like me and my hubby 3 or 4 years ago and now we have an amazing little boy.
Like the other lady said, stress doesn't help but once you have decided you want a baby, its impossible to relax and not think about it!

I truly believe that the sperm friendly lube helped us, totally forgot its name, it was not cheap but well worth it. we signed up to fertility clinic which may have helped as we felt someone was finally going to help us, after an awful blood test we decided to BD every single day with the sperm friendly lube stuff and got pregnant that month after years of trying with no luck, as it happened we had several miscarriages due to a health problem with me but I got pregnant 4 times in 4 months (the 4 months we "tried" not one month after the next).

Good Luck
That lube stuff is well worth a try.
KazM
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:56 pm 
Post subject:
Was it preseed you're talking about Janey? A lot of the ladies swear by that one.
Posted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:47 pm 
Post subject:
My partner had his blood test results back.they took 3 lots of blood to test his thyroid, hormone levels and testostrone and the first two came back normal but he has to redo his testostrone one asthy tested it at 7:00pm and it needs to be done and tested in the morning. Don't why, does anyone know why this is??
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:03 am 
Post subject:
Polkadotty men's testosterone peaks in the morning so they probably test it then to get a true picture of it at it's highest level. It's one of the reasons why morning BD is supposed to be good for baby making as the higher testosterone makes the swimmers more frisky Laughing It's also the reason why many men may wake up in a certain state (if you know what I mean Wink Laughing ) they don't call it morning glory for nothing Laughing xx
The pre seed is good stuff, I heard lots of good things about it helping people especially if you don't get lots of ewcm, it's also lots of fun and the pre seed comes with applicators as well so it's not as messy as some brands
Polkadotty
Posted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:59 am 
Post subject:
Thanks DL05 that's what I thought the reason was. What is this preseed? Not heard much about??
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:12 am 
Post subject:
Its a sperm friendly lubricant, designed for women who don't get much ewcm. It's supposed to help protect the sperm while they swim through the cervix as it's the same Ph as a womans natural cm. It's not really necessary especially if you get a lot of ewcm but it can really help with those times when BD has become a bit of a chore as well, it's sold on amazon, ebay and in boots as well x
Polkadotty
Posted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:51 pm 
Post subject:
If my partner had low testosterone would he have any of the symptoms other than not conceiving or would his body not show this?
nutty1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:06 pm 
Post subject:
Polkadotty wrote:
If my partner had low testosterone would he have any of the symptoms other than not conceiving or would his body not show this?

Low sex drive, difficulty achieving an erection, hair loss, fatigue and lack of energy, loss of muscle mass, increase in body fat, mood changes.
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:13 pm 
Post subject:
I know one of the Ladies from the vasectomy reversal section has recently posted about her OH having low testosterone, they were told his reversal had failed due to his very low sperm count and were about to have IVF but she got pregnant naturally after he was given HCG injections to boost his testosterone, she could probably tell you more about the effects it had Question Think her name on here is Alowicious, there's a post anyway on the vasectomy reversal section that explains what happened with them.
But it would affect his sperm count as well so you'd think they'd just do a semen analysis first as it's a simple enough thing to test Question
Polkadotty
Posted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:53 pm 
Post subject:
He doesn't have any of these I think just being trying for 10months now and worry more and more each month.just want his new results back but got to wait til Wednesday
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:19 pm 
Post subject:
It's horrible isn't it waiting for results, I hope it's good news on Wednesday. I think it's only natural that you do start to think there's something wrong if it doesn't happen right away, I know I did after the first month Embarassed but honestly so many women on here try for anything up to a year before it happens and do nothing different the month it finally happens either, except maybe relax more, that one comes up a lot Rolling Eyes Laughing xx
Polkadotty
Posted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:33 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks I hope they do.just want this so badly I'm a lot more relaxed about it all than what I used to be but something niggles at me that maybe something isn't quite right.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Trying to Conceive All times are GMT
Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular