quiet on here

Janey1983
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:02 pm 
Post subject: quiet on here
Hi,
This site seems to be getting very quiet. Any ideas where people are going? Why new people are not joining or am I incorrect?
The Chat room used to be buzzing most nights.
Just wondering if the Admin could maybe do some kind of advertising campaign on social media? Members on here could "like" and "Share" a link / ad on facebook and what ever they have on twitter/linked in etc

Still love this site!

Kept me same while ttc, going through miscarriages and pregnancy.
StaceyRD
Posted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:00 pm 
Post subject:
I've passed this on to Bill to see too but do agree it would be great to get more going on here. I did ask on another thread if anyone would like to get chat up again, I'd be happy to host a new quiz if there is much interest!
Personally I know I'm not here much now my two are bigger, and now I pop on as often as I can to mod I forget to reply to some things. But am trying to change that by being around more for me as well as as a mod Smile
x

Janey1983
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:09 pm 
Post subject:
I am trying to make a habit of coming on here every night. Like I said, this site got me through some tough times! I hope I can help someone else
StaceyRD
Posted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:31 pm 
Post subject:
I joined over 4yrs ago now, time has flown completely! Definitely agree it is great to help others. From now on I'll try popping on in the evenings and seeing if anyone is on chat Smile x

Janey1983
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:23 pm 
Post subject:
Yeh if you log into chat and it shows the last 20 messages, people are dipping in and out all the time looking for online chat.
StaceyRD
Posted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:06 pm 
Post subject:
I promise from Monday I'll be around to chatter more. Tonight I am off to curl up with a book and a hot chocolate because my kids have shared their germs with me, boo. As I said am definitely up for reviving the quiz if wanted x

BillJ
AskBaby Team
AskBaby Team
Posted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:27 am 
Post subject:
Hi both,
First, I (we) really appreciate your help and your helping others. We'd be nowhere without you!

I think it's definitely a matter of encouraging newbies to be more vocal, as we still get an awful lot of people signing up and looking around. And not all of them are spammers either!

I've said before that (once I can) I'll try to make sure that no one in the newbies forum goes unanswered - now I've shifted some of my workload around hopefully that'll come. All I can do is try to draw them into conversation though - I'm hardly an expert on all things baby! (That said, I saw my nephew for only the second time yesterday and nearly stole him)

I'm not entirely sure what it takes for you guys to set-up and run a quiz night (etc) on here, but if there's anything that I can help with please just shout. Don't feel pressured to do it though, obviously family - and books, and hot chocolate! - comes first... Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Site & Forum Feedback All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular