Leaving baby alone for first time...

JenMatthews
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:35 pm 
Post subject: Leaving baby alone for first time...
Hi all,
My little girl is 1 now and is still fairly dependant on breastfeeding (which I love) but next weekend is my birthday and my mum is going to look after her for the whole day so I can do something with an old friend.
I've started feeling really paranoid about it because it's the first time I'll have left her for such a long time...
I know she'll be ok and she loves my mum but was just wondering if anyone has any tips for me to feel a bit more comfortable?!

Thanks,
Jen x

StaceyRD
Posted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:57 pm 
Post subject:
Keep busy! Your mum must know you're nervous, maybe ask her to text you a few times, maybe even with a picture to show all is okay? Don't constantly be checking your phone or checking up on them though. If it helps you write out your routine with LO so you know your mum will stick to that and your LO will still have a routined day. I get nervous even thinking of popping out for an hour and I only ever leave my kids with my hubby for short times, if ever! I bet you'll enjoy yourself and it'll be easier than you think xx

JenMatthews
Posted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:08 pm 
Post subject:
Ahh thank you, I might do that!
I never go anywhere without Ava so it's going to be really weird!
I think the main thing is not being able to breastfeed her, she still loves having a feed and that's usually how she falls asleep.
Maybe I just need to have faith in my mum and remember she's old enough to go without milk for that long
xx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> One Year to Five Years All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular