When will we need it?....

Amymel86
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:47 pm 
Post subject: When will we need it?....
Hi Ladies

Quick query – how long is it until babies start to need stimulation, like play gyms and a colourful cot mobile?

I only ask because our little girl is due in November but we will be looking to move when our contract is up in January – we’re currently being offered a load of stuff (like baby play gyms etc) but to be honest don’t currently have the space for it all – when do you think that kind of stuff will actually be useful to keep her entertained?
Posted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:30 am 
Post subject:
I would say straight away really, they are very sleepy in the first week but they do start opening there eyes more and learn to pick out shapes and colours. I tried to give my boy as much stimulation in wakeful times during the day as I could for his benefit but also so they are more tired at night. It takes a while to get them to understand the difference between day and night and they are born nocturnal so the quicker you can turn that around the more sleep you get! You will need something before move as I'm guessing your baby will be getting on for around two months ish by then and they are quite alert and interested in things by then. Maybe just have a play gym and a couple of baby toys, it won't take up too much space, you won't need lots of things right now x

Amymel86
Posted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:34 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks Bobski!
Posted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:20 pm 
Post subject:
Yes I agree. I didn't think we'd need a gym for a few months but someone bought us one and we used it after about 2 weeks I think. She's in it nearly all the time, I don't know what we'd do without it.

Raspich
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:07 pm 
Post subject:
I used my stuff straight away though Frankie wasnt particularly interested initially. Can you ask someone to look after it for you? Its worth having.
Posted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:38 pm 
Post subject:
Hello,
I have had a slightly different experience to the other people who have posted. I have found that my boys have both responded most to me talking to them, counting their toes etc.

I did not find that I needed mobiles and play gyms to stimulate my two, just a few colourful and noisy things like a rattle or puppet and lots of smiling and singing. In fact my older one is still not that fussed by toys now. He prefers having a chat or singing along to some music.

Just a different perspective in case you really don't want lots of big toys just now.

Jump to:  

Community

Popular